Using external hardware FX, how to route send/return

bloodysnare
bloodysnare Member Posts: 14 Helper

Hi all, I want to be able to select a sound or group in Maschine and output to external effects units (guitar pedals, for example) and be able to return the modified sound from the pedals back to Maschine.

I know how to select the send output for the group in the channel settings, but unsure how to have the sound back in Maschine's playback (either via audio interface or direct into Maschine input.) I want to hear the effected playback as I press play, is there a way to do this? I don't want to have to record the incoming effect audio as a sample, this seems inefficient.

Appreciate any input on this, thanks!

Best Answer

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

all you need to do is set the audio input of a sound in maschine, coming from the fx unit

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

You will probably need an audio interface with aux send/return for that.

And also using Maschine as a VST in another DAW could make the task easier

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

I like to play Music live and to produce it at the same time so i use Korgosccilator app for live no mistake sounds through Maschine MK3 , hear it on speakers it is always crazy, fun with many happy accidents . On the Windows you have to connect to mic jack on ... use Maschine as FX instead and you will solve it. You also have negative correlation effect that combine cancelation between two stereo signals . Phones are output 3 and 4 and you have OUTPUT 1 and 2 , Stereo channels , just return them back to inputs and you will hear external FX from Maschine to FX and from FX back to Maschine inputs on the back. You decide will you use Phones or Stereo Output and return signal back to inputs. 😃 I hope i helped you or make you easier to find solution.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

all you need to do is set the audio input of a sound in maschine, coming from the fx unit