Is there a limit of 999 sliders?

Alcot60890
Alcot60890 Member Posts: 17 Member

I have been trying to troubleshoot why I get an unexpected 'control X was not declared or variable is no control' error, and I wonder if I haven't found the culprit. The issue seems to resolve itself when I reduce the number of sliders in my script to 999 or fewer. That is a nice, round number, so I'm thinking I found my problem. Comically, 1000 sliders is exactly the amount I was hoping to have. 🤣

Anyway, can someone confirm that this is in fact a limit I have reached? Might there be a simple workaround that someone could suggest? Thanks all! :)

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Yes, 999 is the limit.

May I ask what do you need exactly 1k sliders for? If they don't have to all be host automatable, you could multiplex them (make one slider do multiple things based on context).

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Yes, 999 is the limit.

May I ask what do you need exactly 1k sliders for? If they don't have to all be host automatable, you could multiplex them (make one slider do multiple things based on context).

• Alcot60890
    Alcot60890 Member Posts: 17 Member

Ah, thank you! My UI is a 10x10 grid of buttons which activate/deactivate 100 groups of samples. Each has 10 slider-based controls, which pop-up via little switches, and they are functionally identical from group to group. They definitely don't all need to be automatable, so your multiplexing suggestion sounds right on the money. I'll try some things out! Thanks for the help!