Sector and saurus nks load arturia arp 2600?

Joe@83?@'!
Joe@83?@'! Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Ive bought loom, warlock, thorn, and the nks files worked fine. I downloaded the demo of saurus and sector i did everything the same as loom, warlock, etc. The presets and image show up but when i click to load the plug in arturia arp 2600 keeps popping up. The vsts work if i open them from the file menu but it does not if i open it from the the preview file on the left. I dont know what to. I had wanted to purchase a lot if nks packs but half work for me and the other have dont.

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

I presume you mean NKS packs from Freelance Soundlabs as none of these have official NKS versions? Although occasionally you do get plugins with competing IDs this is very rare, but first lets make sure everything is in the right place - how are you selecting the NKS files you need to load? If you click on just the thumbnail for say Saurus, what NKS patches is it showing in the search panel? Can you post a screenshot?

• Joe@83?@'!

Yeah you are right they are freelance soundlab packs. I download a demo extract the files. Copy the files for presets and put them in my user documents/nativeinstruments/usercontent folder. For the image and dist database I put in User/Public/Publicdocuments/NIresources/image and User/Public/Publicdocuments/NIresources/dist_database. I have bought some packs that worked but others have not I will send a screen shot of both one that works and another that doesn't. As you will see the sektor will have the image and the presets but it will say ARP 2600 and like I said Saurus did that too with ARP 2600 too. The presets don't work in sektor though only the ARP 2600 presets will place.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

You probably should check this out with @JesterMgee as this is Freelance content.

• Joe@83?@'!

In the future if anybody runs into this problem. Sometimes the .dll is only supported and times only VST3. On some my plug ins that didn't work VST3 wasn't supported so I had to scan in the .dll. Others the vst was upgraded and only supported VST3 so I had to only use the VST3.