Maschine 2 vst3 cannot send midi data to drumrack in ableton 11

Jacopo
Jacopo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi. i was reinstalling all my setup in ableton 11 when i noticed that i can't record midi in ableton. i used to work with my macbook with ableton live 11 and maschine 2 VST2 but now i have a windows 11 DAW with Ableton 11 standard up to date (11.2.11) and the last version of maschine 2 (2.17.2), BUT VST3.

drum rack isn't receiving the midi data from maschine 2. i route 8 individuals midi channels from maschine to drum rack and from that i take every midi signal drum rack is receiving in to 8 separate tracks where i can record simultaneously midi and hear each individual sound in a clean way. It's a pretty good solution for me beacuse it gives me the ability to edit and mix all my songs and beats from ableton and at the same time the it gives me the ability to control my mk3.

Other than that i route 8 individuals midi and sounds from maschine 2 vst3 to 8 tracks in ableton using "external instruments" so that i can record each individual midi signal. in this case the method work, but the drum rack part don't receive anything.

i can hear the sound and see the signal coming to each individual track in ableton, but the midi signal is gone and i cannot record it

The only solution coming in my mind is to use a VST2 version of Maschine and see if they can comunicate like they should, but seems like there is only the VST3 version on my pc.

I need help because i don't wanna give up on this solution and is the only reason i'm still using my mk3.

Best Answer

• Jacopo
    Answer ✓

You are right, it wasn't a bug or a compatibility issue. I foolishly forgot to select the input in the drumrack track by selecting maschine as the source.😅 oopsie but i'm glad it's my mistake haha

Answers

• Jacopo

okay i've found the problem so this topic can die here. Anyway if someone of you are curious about my workflow just let me know and i will prepare a guide for you all! thanks!

• Symian
    Symian Member Posts: 6 Member

Why not just summarise what you did and leave here, might be helpful for another forum member having similar problems..👍

• Jacopo
    Answer ✓

You are right, it wasn't a bug or a compatibility issue. I foolishly forgot to select the input in the drumrack track by selecting maschine as the source.😅 oopsie but i'm glad it's my mistake haha