Komplete Audio 2 - Mac Ventura - audio renderer error

Drank47
Drank47 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Audio driver will not stay connected. Chrome gives me an audio renderer error and won't play videos.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Drank47
    Answer ✓

Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback.

Somehow the error stopped happening. If my Mac went to sleep it would somehow release the NI driver from controlling the output and only a restart would remedy it. I wish that I knew which of the things that I did worked. The last item I remember doing was making sure my Audio Midi Setup was properly configured to use my Komplete Audio 2.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited May 2023

Komplete Audio uses an ASIO driver. By default, ASIO is always set to "Exclusive Mode" - meaning: only one application can access the driver and play audio. All other audio sources - like your webbrowser - won't play.

You could give FlexASIO a try.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Drank47 Can you post a screenshot of the error message? What sample frequency did you choose for your system? You can check with the Audio & Midi setup found in your utilities.

• Jeremy_NI

@Monochrome OP is on Mac, I believe, so the exclusive ASIO thing doesn't apply, unfortunately.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

@Jeremy_NI Oh yeah, you're right!

• Drank47
    Answer ✓

Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback.

Somehow the error stopped happening. If my Mac went to sleep it would somehow release the NI driver from controlling the output and only a restart would remedy it. I wish that I knew which of the things that I did worked. The last item I remember doing was making sure my Audio Midi Setup was properly configured to use my Komplete Audio 2.

• Drank47

Hey All,

I'm back again as this error started happening again. It almost exclusively happens after my mac awakens from sleep. I have attached the error code that I receive (this one from Brave browser) as well as my audio midi settings. Incidentally when the error occurs Audio Midi Setup will not let me change the format away from 44100 Hz.

Please let me know if I should start a new thread since this was marked "answered"

• Jeremy_NI

Do you have any other program using the soundcard where it's set at 44.1?

Maybe this will be helpful: Mac Tuning Tips for Audio Processing