any way to keeping ERASE-Replace going for longer than the duration of one loop?

MaschineHead
MaschineHead Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi!

The documentation says that there's a reason Maschine auto-kills the Replace mode after certain events (going through the full loop once beeing one of them)

I kinda wish i could keep looping and jammin until i feel i nailed it an just keep the last take tho.

Is this somehow possible? Is this a dumb idea for reasons i don't get yet? Is my best option to just keep recording till im happy and then manually delete like bars 1-186?

Tagged:

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

I just use the auto-grow feature to record patterns of obscene lengths like 32 bars or more.

When I feel like I got enough bars just right, I go in and set the pattern lengths to the start and end point of my performance which I liked...a humbling experience as this is usually just a mere two bars, but that is pretty close to what you describe.

And it has one advantage: you keep everything. Not just the last take

• MaschineHead
    MaschineHead Member Posts: 9 Member

thanks! that's what i was suspecting to be a good workaround. Fairly easy with a mouse but i don't have the muscle memonry to not be bothered by doing that on the machine ;)

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

I admit I haven't really grasped your last sentence, but it's totally easy to edit pattern start and end points on the Maschine MK3 (without mous) and therefore on the Plus, too