How do I convert pattern to clips directly on the Maschine itself?

Foe 3
Foe 3 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Maschine

Hey Producers and Friends!

I'm new here in the Native Instruments fam.

I wanna speed up my workflow a bit, by doing everything on the Maschine itself. My question is about the clips function. So I searched for tutorials but, everyone is just talking about how to convert the patterns to clips in in the maschine 2 software.

I tried with the copy and paste funktion on the Maschine, but it sucks that every midi note is not on the right track after pasting it.

I wondered, is it even possible to convert patterns to clips on the Maschine itself?

If so how can I do it? Coz I cant imagine that this isnt possible in some way.

I would appreciate again about any help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

I can confirm on MK3 is the same procedure, but you are right: on the mk3 the IDEAS/Song button is labeled differently: it’s called ARRANGER. But it’s in the same position. My muscle memory with Maschine made me forget about this difference: my fingers automatically reach a button without even noticing what’s written on it ☺️

So, to be clear, the procedure on MK3 is: ARRANGER button, SHIFT + second top button (SONG) and then third top button (CONVERT)

Answers

• LostInFoundation

In the hardware is just possible to convert a full scene (all the patterns in it will be converted to clips). You’ll have eventually to delete the clips you don’t want, if the scene is composed by more than a pattern.

Push the Ideas/Song button, hold SHIFT and you’ll have the choice between Ideas and Song view. Once Song is selected, the third button is to convert patterns into clips

• Foe 3

unfortunately I dont have this button because I use the Maschine mk3 and not the plus.

Ive tried the same button combinations, which you showed me, but unsuccessfully this convert field doesnt pop up.

Isn't there any other way to do this?

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Quite strange…it seems to me in MK3 is the same. I toke pictures on M+ just cause I was working on it. Are you sure that you are in Song mode?

Tomorrow I will try on MK3 to see what’s different

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

I can confirm on MK3 is the same procedure, but you are right: on the mk3 the IDEAS/Song button is labeled differently: it’s called ARRANGER. But it’s in the same position. My muscle memory with Maschine made me forget about this difference: my fingers automatically reach a button without even noticing what’s written on it ☺️

So, to be clear, the procedure on MK3 is: ARRANGER button, SHIFT + second top button (SONG) and then third top button (CONVERT)

• Foe 3

I found it! 😁

The reason why it doesnt appeared on my screen was, after pressing arranger + ****** and than the sec top button (song): I didnt pressed the first top button (section) and clip mode was still selected. I have overlooked it. 

Now it worked, thank you so much!!! ✌️

I love the maschine and the NI community, is awesome!

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

You’re welcome 😉

Thank you for explaining exactly what was the problem, so other users in the same situation can benefit 👍🏼