Lost playlist and glitchy browser - New Traktor S3 Kontrol

DjAlienz69
DjAlienz69 Member Posts: 20 Member

Hi, I've got a BRAND NEW New - Traktor S3 Kontrol

So fay I have a glitchy flickering browser window that hinders transfer of file to a playlist or other type of folder.

I was up from midnight to 6am yesterday preparing a set for the early evening on Twitch.

The glitchy made it hard on my eyes

THEN - IT LOST MY SET PLAYLIST!!!! - I had added - I did a normal restart for the next day - and it was gone - all my hard work and cues and EVERYTHING.

IT TOOK THE JOY OUT OF DJING MY SET LAST NIGHT.

I love the interface and the buttons and knobs and all the functions and was ready to make the transfer to Traktor - BUT...

I may take my new unit back for a REFUND, which I am still entitled to and got o another Dj Controller company - I have spent hours on this site reading ALL the solutions for these ****** COMMON issues.

I dont need this as a DJ - I am 80% sure I will take this unit in for a REFUND

- Lost playlist and glitchy browser

Best Answer

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Okay, when you are saying that these playlists were saved properly by Traktor several times before they have vanished, there is a fair chance that they are included in at least one of the collection backups which Traktor creates on a regular basis. These are quite easy to restore:

TRAKTOR PRO: Importing A Backup Collection

If you manage to come up with a date or time when these playlists were still accessible, you can simply choose a backup with a time stamp that fits and try it.

What's the result?

PS: My colleague confirmed he will contact RS Auckland and try to settle things.

Answers

• Markovicz

Hi @DjAlienz69,

I am very sorry to hear about this hassle. It is surely not the experience you want to start entering Traktorland with!

Let's have a closer look:

1. It would be good to know which platform - PC or Mac - and operating system you are on
    2. Is the browser issue reproducable? If so, do you think you could create a brief screen recording that illustrates the issue?
    3. After the session, when you shut down Traktor, did the application close properly without a hiccup or did you have to force-quit it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• DjAlienz69

Lost playlist and glitchy browser - New Traktor S3 Kontrol

Hi, I've got a BRAND NEW New - Traktor S3 Kontrol

So fay I have a glitchy flickering browser window that hinders transfer of file to a playlist or other type of folder.

I was up from midnight to 6am yesterday preparing a set for the early evening on Twitch.

The glitchy made it hard on my eyes

THEN - IT LOST MY SET PLAYLIST!!!! - I did a normal restart the next day - and it was gone - all my hard work and cues and EVERYTHING.

IT TOOK THE JOY OUT OF DJING MY SET LAST NIGHT.

I love the interface and the buttons and knobs and all the functions and was ready to make the transfer to Traktor - BUT...

I will probably take my new unit back for a REFUND, which I am still entitled to and got o another Dj Controller company - I have spent hours on the Ni site reading ALL the solutions for these ***** COMMON issues. - none of them worked as was ALSO common..

UserBenchmark tells me after my tests that my computer is UFO - so not technical issue on my part as far as I can see - I am a computer technician

NOT A GOOD START FOR TRAKTOR

I dont need this as a DJ - I am 80% sure I will take this unit in for a REFUND as it is less than a week old.

• DjAlienz69

Hi @Mark_NI -

I was sold a second hand Kontrol S3 from the Rock Shop in Auckland New Zealand

It was advertised as NEW - they had over sold the model on special for $879.20 down from $1099.00

I cannot get it replaced with a new model because they have sold out of their stock.

I cannot get any compensation when most places would give you discount for a simply damaged box.

I feel the staff are using stock improperly and attempting to hide - I have a complaint with the Commerce Commission and will be taking legal action.

In the meantime - I cannot even update the firmware.

The license wasn't even in the box - they had to open an new box in another city to give me a license number - there were dirty human fluids on one of the jog wheels which I vicariously cleaned and tried to sterilize.

I am stuck with this filthy used model for some time by the looks of it - the machine was not a store show model as they claimed because the buttons have clearly been well used and marked and the cables are old - the Rock Shop does not let customers touch display models.

I suspect the different license and used aspects of this item are the prime reason for me not being able to use it properly.

I am very very upset and get abused by staff members in this store when I try to get the actual new unopened item I purchased.

I am very very sad because I actually LOVE the Traktor software and hardware much better than the Pioneer I previously owned - I know a whole community of DJs that use Traktor in Australia and I ahve wanted to use it for ages.

My dreams are shattered - my motivation to DJ properly is dented after all this and then losing my playlist that took six hours to create

I am broken over this whole incident tbh

• Markovicz
    edited May 2023

I am very sorry to hear that. We might be able to help you with that issue but I cannot promise. I have contacted a colleague who might be able to do something in regards to the hassle with the dealer.

Nevertheless, loosing a well-prepared playlist is certainly connected to a different serial number and faulty hardware. It would still be interesting to know whether the application closed properly after the session without a hiccup or you had to force-quit it.

Do you receive any kind of message referring to Traktor's collection or database when launching it now?

• DjAlienz69

I actually restarted that playlet several times and save it and checked that it still had all my cue points - that was gonna be the big decider, I'm making a three hours show - I t would have GONE OFF like I wanted it to - that's why I spent 6 hours doing it - I had such fun getting it all ready so I actually restarted and a few times and BOTH playlists were there all the time - I use one for main tracks and one or secondhand track to have on hand that mix in really well together.

When I start my Traktor S3 I get a message to download and install the firmware - I have done that 10 - 20 times and still the firmware wont even start the update process correctly.

Im in tears because I wan spend the majority of my time preparing playlist with cue points and stems and all sorts of fun dj stuff that's available on Traktor - I am gonna have such fun and be such a good DJ with your gear, I know it.

I havent used it since my first two sets on that weekend - IM too disheartened and broken to go back in.

I is Thursday tomorrow in New Zealand and I am going to try reinstalling eve3rything and starting over - and starting my new playlists for the weekend - It will be a whole days work - I only hope I can get this ****** done

Thank you

Shane

• DjAlienz69
    edited May 2023

@Mark_NI I actually restarted that playlist several times and saved it and checked that it still had all my cue points - I was making a three hour show - It was there every time until I had finished and went to sleep - It would have GONE OFF like I wanted it to - that's why I spent 6 hours doing it - I had such fun getting it all ready so I actually restarted and a few times and BOTH playlists were there all the time - I use one for main tracks and one or secondhand track to have on hand that mix in really well together.

When I woke it was gone when Is tarted the system again I found the saved files and tried to integrate them back into the system as per your help community has previously had this issue - to no avail

When I start my Traktor S3 I get a message to download and install the firmware - I have done that 10 - 20 times and still the firmware wont even start the update process correctly.

Im in tears because I spend the majority of my time preparing playlist with cue points and stems and all sorts of fun DJ stuff that's available on Traktor - I am gonna have such fun and be such a good DJ with your gear, I know it.

I havent used it since my first two sets on that weekend - Im too disheartened and broken to go back in.

Thank you

Shane

• DjAlienz69
    edited May 2023

@Mark_ni

My system is a MB - Z590 Phantom Gamin 4/ac

Intel i7 - 10700k CPU @3.8GHz

32 GB Ram

2X M.2 2TB SSD - (1X Win11 OS - 1X Music files)

GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti

• Markovicz
    Answer ✓

Okay, when you are saying that these playlists were saved properly by Traktor several times before they have vanished, there is a fair chance that they are included in at least one of the collection backups which Traktor creates on a regular basis. These are quite easy to restore:

TRAKTOR PRO: Importing A Backup Collection

If you manage to come up with a date or time when these playlists were still accessible, you can simply choose a backup with a time stamp that fits and try it.

What's the result?

PS: My colleague confirmed he will contact RS Auckland and try to settle things.

• DjAlienz69

@Mark_NI

Thank you for this advice - I have so many saved things in here it may take all day to find the right one - as I did two events on that weekend - previously I had referred to the help files in this community and only restored the main file in the main folder - it ddint work - this video shows me exactly how to find all the saved history one - thank you

ALSO I have a double license issue - TWO different serial numbers with the same product are listed - I have attached screenshots

ALSO I cannot start Traktor without getting a firmware update - I ahve downloaded the file several times and tried to install but it wont let me update past the first screen with serial numbers etc

I have been sold a second hand item as new - this is not fair, or probably in conjunction with your licensing agreement with the retailer

I will go through and try ALL these back up till I get my playlist with cue points back and let you know - thank you

• DjAlienz69

@Mark_NI

Thanks for saying you will contact Rock Shop in Auckland - as I mentioned they want to give me the opened box with the serial number they gave me.

The guy sent me a picture of this item with "all the marks on it" - quite frankly I dont want this item with "marks on it" either - I want a new unopened box from these low life retailers.

Ive been abused and insulted by them - its kind of like BLAME THE VICTIM here

Thank you for assistance - it is greatly appreciated

Shane

• DjAlienz69

@Mark_NI

I mean to say - I bought a new power drill to set up new DJ desk the other day and got it for $20 off because the box was slightly damaged

These people - The Rock Shop - are beyond comprehension actually...

• DjAlienz69

@Mark_NI

Ive been at it all day and none of these files are restoring my playlists

I already tried extensively before I came to this panel as well

Its ******

• DjAlienz69

dear @Mark_NI

Ive been at it all day and none of these files are restoring my playlists

I already tried extensively before I came to this panel as well

Its f*#ked

• DjAlienz69

@Mark_NI

I have a faulty NEW product with TWO licenses =- I cannot update and get warnings that my equipment may not work properly - I am not stupid

help to remedy this please

• Markovicz

I am closing this thread, the topic continues here:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/13281

This discussion has been closed.