Can't search for sounds and some products are missing! M1 MACS!!

Gajen Naren
Gajen Naren Member Posts: 9 Member

I cant search for any sounds without enabling the shortcut keys in Logic Pro 10.7.7 on M1 Mac Ventura. Mac, Logic and NI and are all updated to its latest versions and I cant even type to search for sound patches, when I do it automatically triggers the shortcut keys on my Logic Pro. This is annoying cuz you'd have to close the damn plugin and re open it again to search. Most of the time when u re open, it still does not work. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS !!!When I open some sound libraries it says missing files and the skin of the plugin changes to white and black! ANNOYING !

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

The first “search” problem sounds more like a logic one. Aren’t shortcut keys a combination of more than one key?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,301 mod

@Gajen Naren Please give us more details regarding your issue, a good description of what happens. Which libraries are posing a problem and can you post a screenshot of the error message that you are getting, as well as a screenshot of that "skin of the plugin changes to white and black" thing ?

• Gajen Naren

Hey @Jeremy_NI, When I load some libraries such as evolve mutations, scarbee bass I get a pop up saying files are missing, even tho my external hard drive is connected and working. When I click ignore this time then the files gets loaded but not the skin. When I close my project and reopen it. I have to re load the missing files each and every time.

• Gajen Naren
    edited May 2023

@LostInFoundation Hey, when I type 'b' in K7 search field the smart control gets triggered, when I type A the automation lane gets triggered. I also think this is a logic problem BUT I dont have this issue when searching inside a native Logic Pro VST instrument like alchemy.

I'm typing A in the search field but the shortcut for automation gets triggered in the BG.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
  • Jeremy_NI

@Gajen Naren Can you load these libraries in Kontakt in standalone?

Do Kontakt & Logic both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Gajen Naren

@Jeremy_NI Hey I tried the full disk access for K7, doesn't seem to fix the problem. When I load K7 in standalone mode I still have the same issue. Even after re scanning the libraries in KKomplete standalone mode I still cant load some of the libraries.

• Gajen Naren

@LostInFoundation the shortcut for automation in logic is A. E for editing and so on, so when I try to search in K7 or KK it triggers the shortcut keys in logic.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited May 2023

'I also think this is a logic problem BUT I dont have this issue when searching inside a native Logic Pro VST instrument like alchemy.'

Yes because Alchemy is still part of Logic. The problem here is Logic steals keyboard focus from plugins and Apple have not provided a way to override that (unlike most DAWS)

• Jeremy_NI

@Gajen Naren So the libraries are also missing in Kontakt? Are they missing from both browsers?

When in the old browser, can you check if libraries are ticked in this section:

• Gajen Naren

@Jeremy_NI Yes, they are missing from both browsers and the libraries are ticked in the option menu. Please see below.

• Gajen Naren

@Kymeia Wow they still haven't provided a way? I mean I won't be surprised considering the amount of errors and bugs in Logic Pro on M1 Macs. For example the new midi fx record feature won't work on 3rd party midi fx plugins. It only works with logic pros midi fx. There's another error where u cant play back one shot samples while your project is playing lol. UGH!

• Jeremy_NI

What is the format of your external hard drive? It should be APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

If the issue is not related to the hard drive format, then please try the following, follow the same steps as a Kontakt crash, it will reset the database: KONTAKT Crashes

• Gajen Naren

@Jeremy_NI hmm so I followed Kontackt Crashes steps and it didn't fix anything. Now I have a huge problem which is, KKomplete is crashing every time. Every time I open KKomplete it crashes . I CANT EVEN OPEN MY PREVIOUS PROJECTS ANYMORE WITH KKOMPLETE!!! I went and searched up Kkomplete Crashes tutorial and followed each steps carefully but it's not working!!! PLEASE HELP BRO!

Regarding my external hard drive this is what it is, check the screenshot below!

• Jeremy_NI

@Gajen Naren I've contacted you by email, we'll have to check your system.