Arturia V Collection / Komplete K

Maxhombre
Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member

Hi

Does anyone know how to get KK to see the Arturia V Collection synths in the S88 kbd browser so I can load instruments and see patches and control the synth from the S88?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

@Maxhombre I would recommend to reset the database of Komplete Kontrol:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Maybe you have to run plugin scan in Komplete Kontrol standalone. I may check, when I return home. But I have older version of V Collection.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,231 mod
    edited May 2023

I believe that this third party thing (Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries) might be what you are looking for. I have not tried it myself and price is 20 AUD. Also I think that it is for the advanced user only and that you need to backup both files and installation (At least Windows registry or maybe even Windows ???) before trying to mess with the NI installation stuff....

Please NOTICE ! : As far as I know then seller offers NO other installation or use support other than what linked to below here and seller apparently at least to some extend attends the NI forum and advice you to use the NI forum for help/support !!!

Help for Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries in this NI forum :

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/305/nks-freelance-soundlabs-3rd-party-nks-libraries-for-komplete-kontrol-maschine/p1

Please refer to these links for general installation help :

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/downloads/komplete_kontrol/KK_AnalogLab5_ReadMe.pdf

[How To] Migrate your Komplete _ Maschine User Library to Factory Library

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/articles/item/267-how-to-migrate-your-komplete-maschine-user-library-to-factory-library

Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries Arturia Analog Lab 5 NKS Library for Komplete Kontrol \ Maschine , can be acquired here (There is also a FREE demo)  :

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/item/366

List of Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party libray packs for KK (at present 18 packs) :

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs

• Maxhombre

Many thanks for the info

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

No this is only for Analog Lab because Arturia do not provide NKS versions for that. The rest of V Collection has NKS versions which should be installed by Arturia Software Centre. Note though that on Apple Silicon at the moment only the instrument NKS patches work in native mode, the FX NKS are still being updated. However the fx plugins themselves are fully native and all NKS patches should be showing in the Komplete Kontrol factory panel as long as they have been installed and scanned into the database.

• Maxhombre

Amazing Thankyou so much

• PoorFellow

OK , thank you for correcting me.

Incidentally , then I am getting a "The zip file is too large." when trying to download anything either all or individual downloads from the Drop-box link that you supplied. And I get the same result over three different browsers. Maybe you should have offered already zipped files for downloads if you wanted to offer something ?

• Kymeia

They are already zipped in most cases - maybe you are trying to download whole folders?

• PoorFellow
    edited May 2023

Yes , I were trying to download the individual folders , since downloading individual files would be too much work , trying to download the individual folders after not being able to download the whole thing in one go , thank you !

(UPDATE ! : I managed to work-around to download 10.4 GB but could not download the whole thing)

I Googled problem and what it came up with is this :

Just an FYI for anyone still checking out this thread, the file size limit has since changed to 20 GB for downloading folders. Note however that the folders must have fewer than 10,000 files inside.

Sending a shared link to a folder which is under 20 GB should allow non-Dropbox users to download it to their machine without any issues, assuming the following:

Naturally they won’t be able to save the folder directly to their Dropbox account if they’re on a free account and it is higher than their quota. 

If the user gets an error message on a shared link, or can’t download it, we first recommend switching browsers to see if this helps, and if need be, to use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running to confirm there’s no incompatibilities there.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Ref. : https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/View-download-and-export/How-do-I-download-a-zip-file-from-my-Dropbox-account-if-a/m-p/278454/highlight/true#M1380

• Maxhombre

Btw I am on an 2020 iMac 27” i9 OSX Monterey using Logic Pro

I have emailed Arturia to see how I can get NKS files for the V Collection to see if it can then be seen in Komplete Kontrol / S88 kbd browser along with the other Kontakt libraries

• Kymeia

Why? As I said Arturia Software Centre installs the plugins and support files such as NKS in one go, there should be no need to ask Arturia for the NKS versions as long as you have installed the latest versions they should be there and working. You are on Intel so the recent problems with Apple Silicon compatibility are not relevant. If you want to confirm the NKS are installed just check one of the plugin folders eg for the Buchla the path is /Library/Arturia/Buchla Easel V/Third Party/Native Instruments/presets - each plugin has the NKS (.nksf) files in its own folder but the paths should have been added to Komplete Kontrol as part of the install (look in Settings/Library).

• Kubrak

@Maxhombre

So, I have checked and I have Arturia V Collection in Komplete Kontrol SW without scanning. But scanning has been done by Maschine SW, maybe the both programs share the same NKS database....

I have V Coll 8, if that matters.

If you do not use Maschine SW, you have to run Komplete Kontrol standalone and make plugin scan to make KK see new Arturia plugins.

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023

They don't share a database but do share the same factory NKS paths. You are right that normally you shouldn't need to manually scan anything but I have found that sometimes you do. If stuff isn't showing then it's a good idea to try that.

• Kubrak

Anyway, Komplete Kontrol shows Arturia products without that I would perform plugin scan.

Maybe because I use KK in Maschine SW?

Anyway, Arturia V Collection 8 plugins show up in Komplete Kontrol at my setup. I am on Win.

• Maxhombre

I am able to open KK and from a tab in KK can load VSTs etc, I can bring the V Collection Arturia synths into KK software and even control the soft synth dials from my S88 mk2 but it doesn’t allow you to browse the presets from the S88? maybe that’s the only way it can be done? I have the latest versions of the Arturia V Collection so all good there, and what I do is run a huge 200+ preloaded Logic template, whereby I load KK on the channel load up my Kontakt stuff and then turn off the instrument till needed making sure ‘dynamic allocation’ is on in Logic which allows you to run up to 1000 tracks in this mode with preloaded tracks dormant till needed and not using ram, suffice to say I have 100 instances of KK preloaded with instruments and turned off till needed which truly does give complete control.

• Maxhombre

Btw I did the KK plugins scan but it didn’t bring any of the Arturia V Collection up, and also the third party Kontakt libraries that can be seen in Kontakt 7 don’t show up in KK and where it’s most needed on the S88 mk2 browser, it seems to only see a few third party Kontakt libraries such as Sonic Couture/ Teletone Audio / Spitfire Audio / Project Sam but not everything which is a shame, I think when Ni address this then it will be a truly powerful system.