Can't put new tracks into a deck with 3.8

ChrisMadem
ChrisMadem Member Posts: 17 Member

hi there

Yesterday,I played at the club for the first time with my new MacBook Pro m2 8gb 512gb, In about 2 hours while everything was fine, Traktor pro 3 (3.8) didn't allow me to put new track into the deck and after 3 seconds the music stopped and the waveform of the deck that was playing blurred. what can I do?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

@ChrisMadem @bassia

I am very sorry to hear that! Please check your inboxes I have created tickets with our Customer Support for both of you in order to collect more data from your systems, so please follow the steps requested and send back the result. Thanks a lot!

Answers

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Can you try 3.9 beta and test as 3.8 isn’t officially supporting silicon. Did you get a crash log? If you managed to send it over to support with opening a ticket.

• Markovicz

Hi @ChrisMadem,

have you experienced this behaviour ever again after that gig? And have you checked the 3.9 beta as suggested in the previous answer?

• ChrisMadem

This happens one more time after 10 times that I played without problem ..

the result is that I am not trust this version!we pay so much money for one company who didn’t give a solution yet ! We are playing for thousand people and this version has problem and must be solved immediately

• Markovicz

Yes, you are totally right: there is nothing worse for digital DJs than a software crash in front of an audience, no doubt about it.

I'd like to suggest a check that addresses the most common cause for Traktor crashes at all: faulty data in one's Track Collection. Please validate (and possibly repair) your collection as described in the following Knowledge Base article:

TRAKTOR Crashes Caused by Corrupt Audio Files

What's the result?

• ChrisMadem

I have the same track collection in my other MacBook 2015 with 3.5.2 traitor version and never crashed !

• Markovicz

Files / tags may show minimal differences which already render them unusable in professional audio applications. Therefore please proceed as requested and let me know the outcome. THX!

• ChrisMadem

Ok I will try ! do you know when 3.9 is going to be released ?

Thanks

• Markovicz

👍️

Unfortunately, there is no release date yet. Apart from that, these are not revealed in advance - last-minute changes may always be necessary when something pops up that requires a fix. Therefore, releases are only communicated via newsletter, website and social media I'm afraid.

• ChrisMadem

after checking my collection and all its perfect I try to play today and traktor crashed again ! Blurred waveform on deck which playing and not allow me to load track! I have video but it’s too big to insert it here . Also I found in NI files the file “traktor.log” please check this

• ChrisMadem

I am professional Dj djing every night and I have big problem. I need my problem to be solved immediately ! Please help! MacBook Pro m2 chip 2022 8gb ram 512gb with the latest update of ventura

• bassia
    bassia Member Posts: 2 Member

I am DJing with a MacBook Pro 2017 12.6.5 8gb Ram and i just had the same crash as reported above!

Every time with new updates we have these issues we are afraid to perform and when Traktor crashes we have to explain to our employers what happened!

Please fix this ASAP we are Traktor users for over 10 years now!

• Markovicz
    Answer ✓

@ChrisMadem @bassia

I am very sorry to hear that! Please check your inboxes I have created tickets with our Customer Support for both of you in order to collect more data from your systems, so please follow the steps requested and send back the result. Thanks a lot!

• Djflaber
    Djflaber Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Problems that found with 3.8.0

1. Traktor freeze and crash unexpectedly last Saturday night in the club and destroys my flow

2. I saw the load bar is increased more than the previous version (same macbook)

3. The problem is exactly when you try to load a track.

Returning at studio and searching...

1. Increased load bar and not normal latency substitution in all positions. Better point in 512 latency

2. Increased load in every song loading

3. Tracks that have been analysed in previous editions is missing and you have to analyze again.

4. Scratch operation is moved without my choice.

What i have done until this moment...

• Opening TRAKTOR
    • Closing TRAKTOR
    • Analyzing tracks
    • Consistency Check
    • Importing tracks
    • Browsing with the Explorer node
    • Relocating tracks

And....

remove from the toolbar and restore it again from the new version after deleting the old versions first. My advice, keep one that is better for you than the old ones. of course we also delete anything from previous editions in the files folder...

if this doesn't work tonight and we still have problems, let's do a complete clean installation of the program with the clear install procedure that I will describe in the following article if it is necessary for us.

Have a nice weekend from Greece

Dj flaber

• ChrisMadem

@Djflaber

I bought a brand new m2 chip laptop and did a clean install from native access and the results are all of these which I am refer .. in conclusion I think the problem is not the previous versions

• Markovicz

Let's verify your assumption: please find the 3.7.1 installer H E R E .