[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    edited March 2022

Yeah have been looking into that and will finish it off once I finish clawing my way through UVI Vintage Vault 4. It will probably be done by end of this month I should think

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

Thank you very Cool

• JesterMgee

Now Available: UVI Vintage Vault 4

UVI Vintage Vault 4 has now had the NKS treatment. This release adds a further 8 instruments and 3300+ presets along with all the previous VV3/2 instruments all with sound previews, detailed tagging and database/artwork files. Supports both Falcon and Workstation plugins for both PC and Mac!

This has been a pretty solid few weeks of work testing and mapping these new instruments but am finally happy to have this one completed and ready for use.

Given the fact it's quite a lot of work please let me know if there is anything that has been overlooked or incomplete in the latest instruments. The whole library now includes over 40 instruments and I think over 13,000 presets!

If you already own the previous Vintage Vault 2 or 3 NKS libraries there are upgrade options available after login, but feel free to purchase at the full cost if you want to show extra support :)

An email about this one will go out next month also with a release for Cherry Audio Quadra which is just being finished off next week.

Happy creating!

• JesterMgee

Now Available: GForce OB-E

Been working on this since the PC version was released testing things and designing the rather massive controller template. This VST has a LOT of available parameters which made designing a decent usable template quite a challenge but took some guidance from the previous Cherry Audio "8 Voice" to make what I hope is a flexible and usable template. The controller template spans 40 pages but most of the main functions are on the first pages with additional in-depth controls available on later pages for those that need to access some of the fiddly parameters.

All files have had all the available tagging pulled from the presets and converted to NKS tagging and sound previews/artwork is all available.

Please Note: I have noticed a couple of parameters are not behaving 100% correctly. The ones that I have noted are the "Zoom" control that allows you to view individual SEM modules will not display SEM 8 for some strange reason. Additionally the "Edit Mode" parameter should switch between None - Group - Flip but only switches between None and Group. I will raise this with GForce and see if this can be addressed.

• JesterMgee

Now Available: Cherry Audio Quadra

Finalised everything on this one for the moment and is ready to go for those asking. I had this mostly finished weeks ago but have been dealing back and forth with Cherry Audio about an issue I have discovered with their plugins.

Firstly, everything works, presets all load up as they should and control is all working. But I have discovered that ALL of the Cherry Audio plugins do not update the host on the state of any toggle/switch controls so as you switch presets, any buttons will not change to show the new state of controls. We have confirmed this is a plugin issue and nothing NKS related, the same issue occurs in a DAW without using KK. The issue this causes is simply you see controls on the keyboard that may show all buttons as OFF but some may be ON so you cannot tell the state of things from the hardware but can still control it.

CA are looking into this and hopefully when they have fixed this problem I will update on this status. As it is a plugin issue it shouldn't affect the NKS files or require any changes (hopefully) but if it does I will work on updates.

• paulyminogue
    paulyminogue Member Posts: 71 Member

Hey Jester, I know you are all the time busy with Programming NKS Sounds but im really looking forward to the "GForce - String Maschine", the "Cherry Audio - Dreamsynth" and the "Martinic AX73".

If you can make them NKS compatible I really would love you more as I already do 🤷😂

Many Greetings from Germany!

• JesterMgee

Well better get me a box of chocolates and a big bunch of flowers then....

Now Available

Cherry Audio Dreamsynth

The Cherry Audio Dreamsynth NKS Library for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine contains presets in NKS compatible format for all factory content (including banks for each "collection"). A comprehensive control map has been created to control almost all aspects of the synth and presets all come with detailed attribute tagging, preview sound files and database/artwork files for your NKS library.

GForce Virtual String Machine

This library adds NKS support for GForce VSM allowing all presets to be browsed from the hardware or from the Maschine / Komplete Kontrol software with fully mapped and labelled controller map, detailed tagging converted from the VSM preset tagging to NKS tag format with additional hand tagging also done, sound previews and library artwork.

Banks have been created for each of the different model libraries so you can browse sounds the same as you would using the VSM plugin browser.

GForce M-Tron Pro Expansion: Alex Ball

The latest "Alex Ball" expansion for M-Tron Pro now has NKS compatibility, available now from the above linked page.

I have also been asked if I will be doing the new M-Tron MKII and M-Tron Select. I will be looking into the MKII shortly and what is involved there.

"M-Tron Select" is a new one that is only released with the new HAINBACH ARTIST EXPANSION which is designed to work with M-Tron Pro. I thought perhaps M-Tron Select would support all the M-Tron libraries (just without the effects and advanced features) but speaking with GForce, currently only this expansion is supported but plans are to support more so given that almost everyone that will be getting this expansion will already have M-Tron Pro I will be waiting to se what happens with Select as it will likely just be a simple player but if there is demand to support it, I will dig further.

• paulyminogue

Hey, thank you for this! Everything works like as it should be! Just for the String Maschine the small Logo on the Left Display on my Maschine doesn't shows up. In the Image Folders also just 2 Files. Thanks!

• JesterMgee

You sure you copied it correctly? There should be a image\gforce\virtual string machine folder as well, checking the zip it is correct:

All showing up fine on my end (windows)

• paulyminogue

Weird, I downloaded again, now everything is working!!! Thank you for you quick support! :)

• JesterMgee

Cool, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an issue on my end somehow anyway. It's been a bit of a long few weeks and I have my daughter at home from surgery for a week (wisdom teeth removal for braces) so been waiting on her for the last few days just to be extra nice (she doesn't handle pain well) and not fully focused to finish these libraries up but hopefully I haven't overlooked anything major anyway

• JesterMgee

Info on Cherry Audio

For those using Cherry Audio synths either with NKS or just within a project with mapped controls may have noticed that any button/toggle control you map does not update the control feedback if you change the control on the synth or switch presets. The actual parameter and sound changes fine, only the info is not sent to the host to update the controls position.

I reported this to Cherry Audio a month back and they have informed me they have addressed this in their synths now, but not 100% sure if this is yet available in an update. It would be required to download the latest installer and update as this is not a fix that is pushed via their auto update within the synths. All new synths will not have this issue.

I have not had the time to download and test the current versions but feel free to download and test yourself or just await a new version to be posted.

• JesterMgee
    edited April 2022

Library Update: Arturia Analog Lab V / Pigments Library

An update is now available for the Analog Lab V NKS Library + Pigments library.

This update adds over 2000+ presets that were not initially included and also adds additional presets for the Pigments 3.0 update.

Additionally, the Multi patches have now been fixed to apply a dual layer control template to all multi patches and also add some missing multi tags for some presets.

This is a free update for existing users to download from their account page

Read the included readme for updating your library, simply requires deletion of the existing AL5 NKS files and copy the latest library in the download.

FAQ

Why do the number of presets not exactly match between KK and Analog Lab V?

Few reasons. There are actually some duplicate presets in the Analog Lab V libraries I have discovered for some instruments. Also, when you view an instrument it lists all presets + Multi presets (and unless filtered all expansions you have installed for that instrument) so if you are looking purely at the number reported when selecting an instrument, it could be these reasons.

I am sure there are still some missing?

Quite possibly, the process to extract these is pretty clunky and mistakes can certainly happen but I have had a script run through and search every preset in AL5 and compare to the NKS library and it appears no further missing presets were found however, if you can find any cases where some do not exist let me know and I will issue an update if it is worth it.

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

Thank you...

• CubaseThomas
    CubaseThomas Member Posts: 31 Member

Thank you! Much appreciated! :-)