Can I transfer Komplete 14 to a friend

pfung
pfung Member Posts: 3 Member

There's a deal right now that if I buy the S88, I'll get a copy of Komplete 14 Standard. Is it possible to transfer the ownership to a friend? I already have Komplete Collectors Edition.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

@pfung Unfortunately this is not possible, the serial of the Komplete 14 standard is tied to the keyboard's serial.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Most probably no, unless this bonus licence is not tied to HW. I tried to get answer at the e-shop but they replied something so vague that one was not even bit more informed....

You could register keyboard to your friend's account... Or transfer it later, if it shows up that it K14 licence is 'tied' to HW (which is the most probable case).

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@pfung Unfortunately this is not possible, the serial of the Komplete 14 standard is tied to the keyboard's serial.

• pfung

So, the only way I can is to buy the keyboard for my friend and get Komolete Standard free. Actually, that’s not a bad deal.

when I purchase though, does the keyboard automatically registered to me?

• Jeremy_NI

I'm a little bit confused. Why would you buy the keyboard to a friend but register it yourself? Your friend would not be able to use the bundle that comes with it... If you have any questions of this kind, please contact my colleagues here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_OP

• pfung

It's the other way around, I would like to take advantage of the discount on the keyboard but I already have Komplete and would like to "gift" that to a friend. Sorry about the confusion.

• Jeremy_NI

Then, I'm not sure, better ask my colleagues how transferable all these licences can be.