Unspecific Download Error

Jasnevo
Jasnevo Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Native Access

I'm new to Maschine and cannot get it running because I'm simply unable to get the software. First installation of NA was simply horrible with lots of service availability errors but finally made it. However, unable to download anything - not the Maschine Software, no nothing. Deinstalled everything in the morning und re-installed NA - this time it went smooth with no errors at all. However, with regard to download - same problem.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Best Answer

• Jasnevo
    Answer ✓

Hi Rich_NI,

I have already closed the ticket - problem solved. It was our own security infrastructure, that caused the problem. When trying from a public access (mobile phone) everything went well. Meanwhile we also detected information in the logs of the hardware firewall that allowed us to formulate exceptions, so that we now can also use our standard internet connection.

I would recommend, that the error messages raised by NA should be a little more clear - if there would be any relation to access permissions of some kind, the local security infrastructure would have been earlier identified as the trouble maker. So it just seemed that the NI services were down!

Now everything runs smooth except the integration with pro tools but I already found a couple of videos that my guide me. So thanks for now - seen it running, Maschine is a awesome product. So is the S88, however, I would not have placed the volume rail so much near the modulation wheel... but probably just a matter of habits...

So, greetings from Vienna,

Christian.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

Sorry to tell you this…but NA has many of these problems these days. Hope they will fix it and update soon

• Jasnevo

Thanks for letting me know - it's actually a shame since the hardware itself has a good reputation. But with an information like yours, the only thing I can do is returning the products (Maschine and S88) to Thomann... unfortunately.

• Jasnevo

No change this morning - NA barely starts and for whatever reasons, requires to install/update a service. No downloads at all possible. I bought a Maschine MK3 and S88 from Thomann just to have unusable ****** on my desk. The NI support did not even acknowledged my support call. Is there any alternative way to get the Maschine software on the device or otherwise use Maschine and the S88 as MIDI controllers? Maschine doesen't even recognize a single key stroke.

And btw, is this the usual support customers may expect from NI? If so, I 'm better of returning the products...

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @Jasnevo

Please provide us with screenshots of the error you receive in Native Access, as well as a screenshot of your installation preferences, so that we're better able to investigate.

For instructions on creating a screenshot, please check this information:

Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

PC: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Please also let us know exactly which OS version you are running.

Thanks in advance.

• Jasnevo
    Answer ✓

Hi Rich_NI,

I have already closed the ticket - problem solved. It was our own security infrastructure, that caused the problem. When trying from a public access (mobile phone) everything went well. Meanwhile we also detected information in the logs of the hardware firewall that allowed us to formulate exceptions, so that we now can also use our standard internet connection.

I would recommend, that the error messages raised by NA should be a little more clear - if there would be any relation to access permissions of some kind, the local security infrastructure would have been earlier identified as the trouble maker. So it just seemed that the NI services were down!

Now everything runs smooth except the integration with pro tools but I already found a couple of videos that my guide me. So thanks for now - seen it running, Maschine is a awesome product. So is the S88, however, I would not have placed the volume rail so much near the modulation wheel... but probably just a matter of habits...

So, greetings from Vienna,

Christian.