USB Disconnects on Apple Silicon

GeneralLiabili
GeneralLiabili Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete General

Hi,

I have been having random disconnects of my USB hardware on my Apple silicon machine for a couple of months. Through this process, I replaced my USB hub with a Thunderbolt one, I have replaced many of my USB cables to no avail.

After finally contacting Apple support, I ran my machine in Safe Mode for a day without any issues.

Knowing that the issue is software, and not hardware, I went systematically through all the start-up items on my system until I found that disabling NIHostIntegrationAgent and NIHardwareAgent finally stopped the issue.

Given this is not currently supported on Apple silicon, I can't blame anyone but myself. Nevertheless, re-posting in case others face similar.

Hopefully once Native Instruments certifies their hardware/software on Apple silicon this issue will disappear.

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @GeneralLiabili, thank you for posting your experience and sharing your troubleshooting. This is most likely a bug due to compatibility indeed. We're crossing fingers for it to happen shortly 🤞

• ini4
    ini4 Member Posts: 24 Helper

Any updates from NI on this particular issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited May 2022

Well, there shouldn't be such issues, as long as you run your programs in Rosetta mode. This is needed if you want to use NI hardware and software, until they get native Sillicon support.