why do I have always run analyze 2 times for new songs to get BPM and Key?

The Sarge
The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

hello everybody

got today some new tracks and so put em into my Track Collection and started "Analyze"

and as always the "Key" wasn´t set, so I have to run it again and then the "Key" is analyzed too

sorry, but why have we to do such a boring time-wasting?

is this bug still in Beta/TraktorPro+ ?

rehards, The Sarge!

Answers

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 582 Pro

I think it might be a bug. I am used to using Beatport streaming now and analyzing twice (but only for auto-gain). I noticed some strange behavior when selecting tracks in my collection to analyze. Sometimes not doing anything when the pop-up for analyzing happens, and then working the next time opened.

I haven't noticed this behavior when drag and dropped.

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @The Sarge, do you still experience this behaviour with 3.8.0? I just tried to reproduce it but found everything working properly...

• The Sarge

hello @Mark_NI

thanks for asking, I´ve changed my analyzing setting to "autmatic", before I always took the BPM-Range I´ll expect. And from this, the Key is always set after 1st analyzing 👍️

but from then I more often have wrong (half) BPM and also Grid to re-cue - is this accidentaly or caused by the "automatic-BPM"? and fyi "set beat-grid when..." is checked

• Markovicz

Aye, THX for the clarification!

All I can say at this point is that I am using the automatic analysis since forever without much occurrence of half / double tempo or off-the-grid markers. What kind of rhythm patterns are you mostly working with: 4-to-the-floor, broken beats or anything else?

• The Sarge

hi again, all kinds of Techno and Hardcore/Gabber. I made all my much-hundreds of CDs and Vinyl digital now and the "problem" is most on Hardcore/Gabber maybe because they used not typical 4onthefloor-sampled drumloops. And also those noisier tracks from the beginning of Techno (´91-´93) - some where also back in the days for me (not for everyone^^) hard to mix f.e. Luke Slater a see-through-Vinyl

• Markovicz

Vinyl rips are a bit more tricky to analyze and to be gridded due to the natural fluctuation of a turntable. Apart from that, I'll keep an eye on that behavior - that's all I can do ATM.

Perhaps we will hear voices from fellow users in this thread regarding your report...?