Komplete Kontrol 2.9.1 not working for Mac.

Spangler
Spangler Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

How do I fix or install a working version of Komplete Kontrol. I am on a Mac OS 12.6 and just updated top 2.9.1 and now I just get error messages for the E-Licensor.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Spangler the error messages regarding the E-Licenser do not come from Native Instruments products. Please check with your other plug-ins which ones are causing this issue.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

e-licenser is deprecated by Steinberg and they have moved most of their software onto Steinberg licensing now. On M1/2 Mac it is very buggy as it still requires Rosetta to function and I had nothing but problems with it till I moved over to the new licensing. What do you have on it that still needs it?

• Spangler

I have all my libraries on it. Spitfire mostly, along with Komplete Start from 2019. I just bought Contemporary Strings from Xsample but was not able to install it in my old Kontakt so I upgraded to Kontakt 7 and that is when I got the E Licensor error message. This is very confusing and frustrating. I love making music but I am not an expert with software.

• Spangler

I meant to say I also upgraded my Komplete Kontrol and when I tried to open it that's when I got the error message.

• Spangler

My DAW is Logic 10.4.8.

• Kymeia

OK maybe Spitfire need to move to a more uptodate licensing system? Are you on Apple Silicon? Does running Logic in Rosetta mode make a difference if so?

• Spangler

I'm on Apple Intel Core i9. Running OS Monterrey 12.6

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Spangler the error messages regarding the E-Licenser do not come from Native Instruments products. Please check with your other plug-ins which ones are causing this issue.

• Kymeia

Yeah it sounds like the problems are due to some Spitfire products, even Steinberg have moved away from eLicenser now