How do I set all of the NI apps to open in Rosetta mode?

BerryMo
BerryMo Member Posts: 13 Member

How do I set all of the NI apps to open in Rosetta mode? I all of sudden started having this issue all of sudden randomly when everything was working perfectly fine before.

Best Answer

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

Which apps? - everything is Native now except for a couple of older ones no longer developed

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

Go to the Apps folder, right click on the app icon, select "Show Info", and check "open with Rosetta" in the info pane. You have to do this for every app separately, there's no option "run all my apps in Rosetta mode".

I'm not sure if it will fix your problem, NI apps are all Apple silicon native now. "Issues" is a pretty broad description maybe provide some more details?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,288 mod
    Answer ✓

@BerryMo It's not the "apps", it's your DAW that needs to run in Rosetta mode, as explained here: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

• BerryMo

My DAW is running in Rosetta, my issue started when Maschine and Komplete Kontrol updated. I downgraded Maschine to 2.15.1 and it started functioning properly within my DAW. Is there a Komplete Kontrol version 2.8 available to downgrade to for testing purposes? I’m currently running Komplete Kontrol 2.9.2

• Kymeia

What is the issue exactly? You should not need Rosetta mode anymore for NI plugins at least, as well as most third party ones

• Jeremy_NI

@BerryMo More details would help, what DAW are you using?

• BerryMo

I’m using logic. I’ve attached photos of my exact issue. My NI apps wouldn’t load in Maschine or KK inside of logic after the most recent update. I downgraded Maschine and the issue went away but still remains in KK. Can I downgrade KK to see if the problem persists? If so, does anyone have KK 2.8? I currently have KK 2.9.2 installed. I updated it from 2.9 with the recent update and the issue still remains

• Kymeia

What version of Kontakt do you have installed?

• BerryMo

I have 6 & 7 installed

• Jeremy_NI

If you click on the NI logo in Komplete Kontrol in Logic vs in standalone, do they show the same version?

• BerryMo

Yes they show the same version. Is 2.7 or 2.8 available for testing purposes at least?

• Jeremy_NI

Sure, here is the installer for 2.8.1: Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1 for Mac

Another item to check. Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol, Maschine and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• BerryMo

I tried KK 2.8.1 and after much meticulous testing, deletions, and installations, I found the issue. I’ve attached a screenshot below. KK tries to read Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 together in Logic no matter which NI instrument I try and load (i.e. Alicia’s Keys, 40’s Own, Elysium). If I completely delete Kontakt 7 KK works fine in logic no matter which version of KK I’m using. It appears to be an issue with how logic is trying to open Kontakt 6 and 7 together inside of KK

• Jeremy_NI

@BerryMo Thanks for the picture and sorry to get back to you so late. There is a couple of related bugs, I'll get in touch with the Kontakt team to know more.