Cursor freezes on Traktor pro 3 out of no reason

pebuza
pebuza Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Cursor freezes all of a sudden, can not move it with the trackpad unless I restart the Traktor. If I swipe the four fingers on trackpad for switching from Traktor desktop to desktop-2 then cursor works normal. When I go back to Traktor desktop, again cursor remains frozen.

While the cursor is frozen, Traktor works fine and can be controlled with the shortcuts or the controller.

I updated Traktor pro 3 to latest version 3.8.0., freezing issue had stopped for a week, how ever today it happened again.

I am using MacOs Catalina 10.15.5 on macbook 2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Tagged:

Answers

• Mxanzi
    Mxanzi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same thing happened to me on M1 Macbook Air, they need to fix this ASAP. It's ridiculous.

• Matthias Mühlberger
    Matthias Mühlberger Member Posts: 1 Member

same here. macbook pro m1

• Reznik
    Reznik Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same here, could barley finish the gig with a stream deck that was connected to load loops but which fortunately had some extra buttons. Until this is fixed no more Traktor for me :(

• Martin Zorko
    Martin Zorko Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I use Big Sur. It happened to me for the three times in the middle of the gig =/ I can't trust Traktor any more.

• jglenton
    jglenton Member Posts: 3 Member

Same happened to me - have a festival gig in a month and really need a fix for this please.

• poppyqueen
    poppyqueen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am having the same issue and now it is June. Did anyone find a fix? It keeps happening.

• juha
    juha Member Posts: 2 Member

Dear NI,

you have to find a solution for this. Same here Traktor Pro 3, all updates, all original Mac software and Traktor Z1. Cursor freezes in the middle of gig. The only way is to restart Traktor Pro 3. Embarassing.

Paid 100 eur for this.

Please solve it.

Best.

• DLW_ZT
    DLW_ZT Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Prepping for a huge show and had this happen to me now too. Really hoping this doesn’t happen on stage but now I’m busy prepping Rekordbox usb sticks in case this happens live. Really not needing the extra stress. How can there not be a simple fix for this yet?

• juha
    juha Member Posts: 2 Member

Dear NI,

this is really ridiculous and after my Traktor pro 3 had a cursor freeze on a Live set on a festival, the only workaround was to restart my Traktor program which ended up with a 20 second embarrassing silence.

I did all what was mentioned in this topic. I have to admit it happens rarely. I had at least 20 rehearsals before my gig and it happened on the gig.

The cursor freezes, there is no workaround then restarting the program. I tried to switch to another program, window, nothing.

I have the newest OS and update.

You have to fins a solution for this, and please soon.

I am running:

2,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Best,

M

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    • Only Mac OS is affected?
    • And everything works, expect the mouse cursor?

You can load new tracks, play them etc, but not click on stuff with mouse? Did I understand this correct?

• Scott Nice
    Scott Nice Member Posts: 1 Member

Yes this just started happening to me on my new M1 Max MBP. 64GB RAM. 4TB SSD. Whats the deal NI?

• Dj Fresz
    Dj Fresz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm djing a wedding tomorrow and now this is happening to me. It happened twice in 30 minutes anyone have a fix?? I'm freaking out!!! Thank you

• Fireengin
    Fireengin Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2023

Traktor 3.90 and it is not better. When NI will fix this? Its ridiculous. Never had a crash with my MacBooks. First crash on 3.90. NI is not working for the customers, they are not able to fix a Software within 2 month. The even not read the Messages in this forum.

• flopie3k
    flopie3k Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Yes, that is exactly the problem. Can someone please address this? Happened to me on a Macbook Pro M1 as well.