Windows 11 and Maschine 2 SW Issues

DF334
DF334 Member Posts: 2 Member

I did update to Windows 11 and now I have many latency issues. I cannot use Maschine 2 Software anymore and it was due to not knowing that 2.14.6 is the only version that will work with Windows 11. I also have a Komplete Audio 6 (the first one) it works but still crashes. Every time I start to make any music I run into issues where the music will slow down and then it crashes and I am sure this is a latency issue. Oh...I can't run Ableton either due to this issue. Is there anything that can be done? Is there a way to retro back to the version of Maschine SW that was working or am I stuck and have to wait for NI to update the drives so that it will work?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

This page has some older installation files, but most recent is 2.6.8 …

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@DF334 Where did you get this information that 2.14.6 is the only version working on Windows 11? Windows 11 is officially supported since version 2.16 and all the ones after that, including the latest update, there is no certainty that your issue is related to a specific version of Maschine. What is happening exactly with Ableton and how is it linked to Maschine?

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

Make sure you follow guides online for optimizing Windows for audio.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited May 2023

odd changes of tempo... can be a symptom of mismatched sample rates..

check that your samplerates in windows is set the same as your Daw

you will notice in this video although it is windows 10... the principle still and method still applies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab0XxYD3VJo

• Jeremy_NI

We have one of these guides: Windows Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

• argyre planitia
    argyre planitia Member Posts: 17 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

I would use the analysys tools, that NI recommends.

I had also problems with Maschine and Win11. Using the named tools showed, that ndis.sys was the problem. Now I disable the network interface, when I run Machine. Not really comfortable, but better than a hanging system.

Perhaps you have a similar problem...

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor

The only issue I found with windows 11 and native instruments was a memory leak in ntk daemon. Aside from that, my mk3 and jam work without issue both controlling Maschine software and ableton.

there may be another issue here

• DF334
    DF334 Member Posts: 2 Member

So...after doing all the things that you guys suggested, along with the very rude Native Instruments Mod, none of them have worked. It keeps saying that the issue is wdf01000.sys. I will admit it doesn't have anything to do with Native Instruments and everything to do with Windows. Thank you for helping me try to solve this issue. For the Native Instruments Mod, You never start helping anyone by asking condescending questions. Maybe suggesting how to fix the issue would be the most helpful..don't ya think. Sorry, I bothered you because you seem like you didn't want to help anyway. Thanks to the other guys that decided they wanted to help.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023

@DF334 I'm sorry you felt that way, there was no condescendence, or intention to be rude, it's just that the original title suggested there was a general compatibility issue with the latest version of Maschine and Windows 11, which is not the case and could be confusing to other users, it was also an indication for you that the issue lied somewhere else... I genuinely asked where you got the information in case there was a general issue that we were not aware of. I also genuinely asked a question about what was happening with Ableton to help troubleshooting the issue but you never replied.