Maschine plus (M+) button click - is this common?

ManoVarunKumar
ManoVarunKumar Member Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2022 in Maschine

I recently got Maschine+, just checking to see if this is expected behavior for M+ buttons, or if I should be concerned. They activate on button click most of the time, but if I depress the button, the software seems to think the button is inactivated before I hear the audible button click. This is the same behavior in both standalone and controller mode, felt like some sort of debouncing issue with the buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBv8BTifAE

Tagged:

Comments

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited January 2022

Seems to be regular behavior to me. I dont' leave my fingers so long on a depressing button as you've showed it in your video. This is not good for any button and if you try it with a light switch you will hear the "bbrrrzzzz" of a small electric arc and smell it😉. Don't do it.

Had never an issue with gentle but fast action.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

It's normal behavior for most tactile switches.

Inside a switch there is dome shaped metal thingy, when it's bent the other way it snaps and makes the click sound, gives the tactile feel and and makes contact closing the circuit but the sound/feel and activation are two separate things. If you decrease the pressure you're applying with your finger enough the dome will stop making contact before it actually snaps back into original position and makes the click sound.

• ManoVarunKumar

Thanks for the response @D-One and @DeepThumb , I understand that the video looks exaggerated, but we commonly hold shift button for finer control either while browsing or tweaking a knob and that’s when I am coming across this debouching issue. Well that being said, I guess, I just have to pay attention and press it little harder than I am used to with my mk3.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

No problem. I don't think it's a debouching issue, when that's a problem pressing/releasing fast will still trigger the switch multiple times (bouncing around), that doesn't seem to be whats happening... It only happens when not enough force is maintained on the button.

With that said the SHIFT button in the M+ is particularly prone to problems if you don't press it in the middle, I suspect this is due to stabilizer being different than the MK3's.

• ManoVarunKumar

Okay that makes sense @D-One , is this common for all M+'s just trying to assess if getting a replacement would make any difference.