How do I link Maschine plus and Ableton???

william
william Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Maschine

I am frustrated, I can't find any tutorial explaining in a simple and direct way how to integrate Ableton with Maschine Plus. I am trying to make them both work in sync, but I'm not succeeding. If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,249 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Practically, you already used the right word: link

Maschine+ has Ableton Link integrated (a protocol that allows programs/hardwares that has it to be synced).

You must go in Maschine+ under settings -> MIDI and with the fourth knobs enable Link

And of course enable Link also in Ableton Live

(If you don’t see this button, go in Live preferences under Link Tempo Midi and turn on “Show Link Toggle”)

This will make the clock of the 2 programs be in sync

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Practically, you already used the right word: link

Maschine+ has Ableton Link integrated (a protocol that allows programs/hardwares that has it to be synced).

You must go in Maschine+ under settings -> MIDI and with the fourth knobs enable Link

And of course enable Link also in Ableton Live

(If you don’t see this button, go in Live preferences under Link Tempo Midi and turn on “Show Link Toggle”)

This will make the clock of the 2 programs be in sync

• LostInFoundation

This said, I would also suggest you, since you are already using a computer for Ableton Live, to use M+ in controller mode and load Maschine software as a plugin in Ableton.

Maschines in standalone is a very cool thing allowing to be used without a computer. But since one is already involved because of Ableton, Maschine software gives you more possibilities than the standalone HW