How to get rid of VST3 plugin duplicates?

Morris B.
Morris B. Member Posts: 13 Member

Hello everyone,

in Maschine all of my Arturia VST3 plugins are shown twice, both in the plugin browser and in the plugin manager in the preferences window (see pictures). There are, however, no duplicate .vst3 files in the plugin directory. After rescanning, the duplicates are still shown. I could probably just uncheck all the duplicates in the plugin manager, but I'd much prefer to get rid of them showing up in the first place. It's only Arturia and it's only the VST3 version of each of their plugins, weirdly enough.

M1 Pro MacBook Pro, macOS Monterey 12.6.5, Maschine 2.17.

Does someone have an idea about how to solve this?

Thank you and best wishes!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

I would also recommend to reset Maschine's database:

Reinitialize the MASCHINE Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the Maschine 2 folder.
    5. Delete only the Maschine 2 folder found here.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Any extra paths in the prefs>locations?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

I’d suggest getting in touch with Arturia support as well as they need to know this is happening

• Morris B.

@D-One No, just /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3.

@Kymeia Will do, thank you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

I would also recommend to reset Maschine's database:

Reinitialize the MASCHINE Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the Maschine 2 folder.
    5. Delete only the Maschine 2 folder found here.

• Morris B.

@Jeremy_NI This solved it. Still no idea why this happened in the first place (neither did Arturia), but the duplicates are gone now. Thanks, Jeremy.

• Morris B.

Hm, I just realized that not only the duplicates are gone now, but also, unfortunately, all of the links to my projects in the User tab of the browser. Any chance of making them reappear in the browser without manually opening all the files individually from the folder?

• Jeremy_NI

@Morris B. I don't understand this part "all of the links to my projects in the User tab of the browser" Do you mean presets? What folder do you mean?

• Morris B.

@Jeremy_NI Sorry for not being specific enough. I meant that in the browser none of my user projects are shown anymore after reinitializing the MASCHINE database (see first picture).

The folder I was referring to is the one where the MASCHINE project files (.mxprj) are saved (/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Projects). After double-clicking and thereby opening a project file from that folder, that project is shown again in the browser (see second picture).

Is there a way to make all of my projects appear in the browser again like this, but without going through the tedious process of opening them all up manually by double-clicking the .mxprj files?

I hope this explains better what I meant.

Best wishes

• Jeremy_NI

@Morris B. Sorry to get back to you so late! Are your Maschine projects saved at the default location or a different one? Default location is here: Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Projects

If you store them in a different location make sure to add this folder to your User Library here and rescan:

• Morris B.

@Jeremy_NI No problem! They are actually saved at the default location, but I had missed the "Rescan" option for library content. Problem solved, thank you!