Excess reverb in 'Massive'

Geoff Sharp
Geoff Sharp Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I received 'Massive' along with Complete 6 a few years ago and didn't really use it because so many of the presets are soaked in reverb. Just gone back to it to see if I can extract any dry sounds to which I can add my own reverb.

No luck unfortunately - if this excess reverb cannot be removed then I fear many of the presets are unusable for me.

Maybe I'm missing something here?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Just go into the master fx section and remove or turn down the amount for the reverb

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

You tagged the thread Massive X, but since you said that your synth came with Komplete 6, you should be talking about Massive.

I don’t find Massive to be too reverberated. Some preset are very “effected”, but there are dozens of them. Possible that you find them all excessive? In any case, you could always lower them, but like this you’ll lose the Massive spirit

• Geoff Sharp

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this was my error, I was referring to 'Massive'.

I didn't say they were all too reverberated but many certainly are and as far as I can see there is little or no facility to effect a dryer sound. As for 'lowering' them as you suggest - how?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Just go into the master fx section and remove or turn down the amount for the reverb

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Exactly what Kymeia said 👍🏼

• Geoff Sharp

Ah yes I see now. Thanks for the replies.