[SOLVED] Kontakt 6.7.1 Complete reset

Brad Yost
Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

I seem to have mistakenly saved a 'default' instrument in Kontakt 6 so that when I try to open and init a blank Kontakt in SAL to create my own instrument, it has already loaded all of the groups & samples for a modified version of Scarbee P-Bass.

I have re-installed Kontakt 6 via NA on Win10.

Deleted all Samples & Groups, Deleted Script, tried to Save-as, but it still has Keyswitches mapped. Every attempt to create new instrument starts with P-Bass already loaded.

Does anyone know how to reset Kontakt so that a dbl-clik in the multi window will load a blank initialization of the sampler?

There has to be a simple default hack, I would think? (I'm an idiot for saving "Default", my bad.)

EDIT:

Nevermind. Renamed the Kontakt.def.nki in C:\\Users\username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\default\Kontakt_def.nki to OLDKontakt.def.nki. Copied Kontakt 5 default over to K6 default directory, all good now. (Whew!)

The clue was the modified default was 248KB, original was 3KB.

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

A good tip for the forum. IMHO here are some questions about the same theme.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited May 2023

@Paule ; also setting the properties on the default nki/nkm to 'read-only' has no deleterious effect, and will save my behind next time, I hope!

Interesting that the default nki is not mentioned in either Kontakt or Scripting manuals that I could find.