Komplete Kontrol 2.9 Browser stops working

Griswold3
Griswold3 Member Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

After updating to Komplete Kontrol 2.9 on my S61 MK2 keyboard, every time I hit the SHIFT button the keyboard browser gets locked. The encoder wheel will cycle through the sounds in the browser but the browser display is locked. I have to restart the keyboard to get the browser working again.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited March 2023

Hey @Griswold3 I can reproduce the issue on a M1 Mac, there seems to be a bug here. I'm trying to get more info, thanks for the report!

Unfortunately I don't have a workaround at hand.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

After a while the lights for the browser and plugin also go out completely for me after pressing shift

• Jeremy_NI

Actually the issue was already reported yesterday and the team is already working on a fix. Will update thread when there's more info coming.

• Griswold3

Thank you for responding Jeremy!

Is there a way to reinstall the previous version of Komplete Kontrol? Maybe a separate download rather than going through Native Access?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

While waiting for the hotfix (that should come really soon) you can find installers for the previous version here:

Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1 for Mac

Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1 for Windows

• Griswold3

Jeremy, you are my newest hero! Thanks for your prompt customer service and for providing the KK installation files.

I was wondering if I should uninstall KK v9 before I reinstalled v8.1 however the installation asked me if I wanted to install the previous version. That part was quick and easy.

Will you keep me (all of us) posted when the KK Hotfix is available? I am not going to do any updates until then.

Thanks again,

Griswold

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Griswold3 No need to uninstall before downgrading. We'll definitely keep you posted when the hotfix is here.

• zacmarkey
    zacmarkey Member Posts: 16 Member

so glad i found this thread, i thought i was going crazy when the shift button not only made things act weird (instruments buttons no longer would navigate to loops and one shots) but also didn't seem to provide the option to organize by vendor vs category.

downgrading to 2.8.1 now, thank you so much for this info.

• Griswold3

No you are not going crazy 😜. The KK software has gremlins and they like messing with us.

Wait until NI incorporates AI - none of us will get any sleep!

• ennoclao
    ennoclao Member Posts: 3 Member

How with 2.9.1 all Ok. Thanks so much.

• Griswold3

Yup so far KK 2.9.1 is working well!

Thanks NI

• ennoclao
    ennoclao Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi there. Do you know what is the new feature of 2.9.2

Poly Aftertouch and Mono Aftertouch tags to browser??????

I can not find this tags in browser.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

That's cool - I assume they are only for instruments that use them but NI haven't added them yet? OK but I can't find them either in Komplete Kontrol even in the edit menu as things to add - just in Maschine, which is weird because Maschine doesn't support even support aftertouch of any kind - so I'm thinking maybe this is a sign that NI are planning something with poly aftertouch - S-Series III?

• Griswold3

Ver 2.9.2 seems to be working well. After installing I had to set “ run as administrator “ to get it to run. Maybe that’s always been a condition?

Did anyone else experience that?

Happy Sunday to all!