Reaktor 6 Audio Table module - save as wav?

mr.datsun
mr.datsun Member Posts: 30 Member

In Reaktor 6.5 an Audio table only seems to save as as .ntf format. I believe that in the legacy Reaktor 5 it could be saved as a .wav file, too.

Is there something I need to do to activate saving as .wav, or has this function been removed in R6.5?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

I'm not firm with Macs

Can you choice here (red square) the file type?

Try to chance the suffix .ntf to .wav or .aif manually

Answers

• Paule

You can choice the file type in your computer

• mr.datsun

No – I've already tried - and I dont see/have the option to set file-type on OS X.

• Paule
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

I'm not firm with Macs

Can you choice here (red square) the file type?

Try to chance the suffix .ntf to .wav or .aif manually

• mr.datsun
    edited May 2023

No – in Mac OS that icon at the top is for setting the way the Mac Finder sorts files and also operations on the side-bar. In the Mac UI options for changing files type are usually at the bottom next to the New Folder icon.

That stuff for Cmd-S saving files is for saving documents. This function we are discussing is more like an-application export function. And in Reaktor you can ony access it through the little floppy-disk icon in the module's Function side-bar.

But changing the extension does force Reaktor to change filetype and write an audio data file.

I was very surprised that it would work like a cmd-line operation. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Paule

I just test it in R5. It's the same manner.

• mr.datsun
    edited May 2023

Maybe it's documented somewhere in the manuals... but the save function of the Audio Table was not outlined at all in the Module and Macro Reference, that I could see. Odd if the user seems to be left to guess this very counter-Mac feeling functionality. I can't help wonder why the GUI omits this option on OS X version of R6.5

EDIT. It says this on page 662 of the Modules and Macros Ref:

The values can be read out as an Audio signal and a Monophonic Audio sig­nal can be loaded from a file or written into the table via the "In" input port. Supported file types are the native table file (*.ntf), text file (*.txt), and the *.aif and *.wav audio files. Stored values can be displayed and edited graphically with draw and data manipulation functions on the Module's Panel representation.

Maybe there is something about saving from an Audio Table in Chapter 11 of the Application Reference for R5 that I can't see? The info about saving tables is on page 292/3 in the Table Module section.

• Paule

rare infomations in R5 manual

• mr.datsun

Ok, so it looks like a Reaktor user today needs to use manuals for v5, v5.5 and v6.5.

But even then the page you show us does not document the options that should show when saving the data, nor that the user may change the ext to change the file data format.

Anyway thanks for digging that out.

• Paule

You can dl R5 manuals here: Please scroll down

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/reaktor-6/downloads/

They are contains more details.

• mr.datsun

Thank-you. That's where I found the 5.5 Modules and Macros ref.