Maschine Mikro Mk3: can I retrigger a pad without releasing?

ahed_four
ahed_four Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Can I configure my Maschine Mikro Mk3 to retrigger a pad, without releasing it first? Say I trigger a pad with one finger, I don't release it, and then I want to retrigger it again with a second finger.

Right now, the pad does not trigger unless it's completely released first. I understand why this might be desirable, but for me it is not. I am not used to that, so - if possible - I'd like to change this.

I was skimming through the manual and lots of websites and forums, but maybe I am looking in the wrong the direction.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

No, you cannot do that , theres no option to change it.

I don't think that is even possible with pads as the way they detect a trigger is when pressure goes from zero to an X value, if it already has pressure how would it know? If the SW would take into account a pressure differential then applying more pressure would constantly trigger more notes.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited May 2023

So…practically you want the sound triggered from the first press to continue and a second press to trigger it from start on top of that one?

If this is the case, you can achieve this even without having to keep your finger pressing the pad. In the pad settings, you must put in the first page the voice polyphony to how many times the sound can stack on top of itself (from Legato to 64) and in the second page the Type to One-Shot

• ahed_four
    ahed_four Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the tip. I tried it but it doesn't change anything.

Also: it's not that I want to keep my finger on it, it just happens by accident - playing. What I am talking about is finger-drumming with drum samples. On very quick fills or flams I play with two fingers on the same pad. And sometimes I am triggering with the second finger before I release the first, and this causes the hit to get swallowed.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

Ok, I understand better now

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

No, you cannot do that , theres no option to change it.

I don't think that is even possible with pads as the way they detect a trigger is when pressure goes from zero to an X value, if it already has pressure how would it know? If the SW would take into account a pressure differential then applying more pressure would constantly trigger more notes.