NI KK m32 and Maschine Mikro Mk3 owner

Kered
Kered Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

I literally just got home from buying these 2 instruments. I am already an NI KK v14 CE owner.

I would like to possibly sell one or both of the licenses for a cheap price. But I am unsure if then that will then restrict from using Maschine 2 software. I don’t want to add the serial number to see and then ruin the potential sales.

thanks,

kered

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Do you already have Maschine 2 registered or just kk14CE?

In any case, if possible, I would sell the softwares bundled with M32, since they are all already included in KK14.

Mikro also gives you Maschine software, that, if you don’t have already, you would lose.

The problem is that all of this is bundled with the HWs, so I don’t know if it is possible to sell it (probably, not registering them would not give you the problem of “not transferable” licenses, but also not allow you to register the M32…which is just a partial problem, since you don’t need to register an hw in order to use it)

The eventual problem will come in the future, if you will eventually want to sell the M32. being its serial registered under somebody’s else account, you won’t be able to ask for a serial transfer.

You are right to think about it deeply 😏

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Do you already have Maschine 2 registered or just kk14CE?

In any case, if possible, I would sell the softwares bundled with M32, since they are all already included in KK14.

Mikro also gives you Maschine software, that, if you don’t have already, you would lose.

The problem is that all of this is bundled with the HWs, so I don’t know if it is possible to sell it (probably, not registering them would not give you the problem of “not transferable” licenses, but also not allow you to register the M32…which is just a partial problem, since you don’t need to register an hw in order to use it)

The eventual problem will come in the future, if you will eventually want to sell the M32. being its serial registered under somebody’s else account, you won’t be able to ask for a serial transfer.

You are right to think about it deeply 😏

• Kered

I had kk14CE registered back in September. I figured out I needed to register my Maschine mikro mk3 to get access to Maschine 2 essentials to download. I won’t register the NI license for my kk m32.

• Kered

The m32 is so dirt cheap I don’t think I would ever sell it. More likely the Mikro if I upgrade to the bigger version.

Thanks for your comments and feedback

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

@Kered You’re welcome.

Do you mind if I ask you how is the feel of M32 keybed for you? (even if it’s a very personal matter how one feel not weighted keys).

And to tell me in case you manage to sell the license for M32 bundled softwares?

I have a 100$ voucher hanging around, and if a request I made isn’t accepted, I’m thinking of buying an M32 too and I will be in your same situation, with duplicates (or even third or fourth copies) of softwares in my account.

Thank you in advance