How do i get the audio out from Traktor on win10 using dvs with djm-900nxs2 in to OBS studio??

Kronic
Kronic Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Does any one else have this same set up? I cant find help with this anywhere. I know I can make it work with a second pc, 1 for Djing and one for streaming using a third party program to route the audio with vb-cable also, but I cant get it to work with just 1 pc. Thats all I have currently, someone please help lol, I was supposed to start spinning on a couple different things 2 weeks ago and need to get it working as soon as I can before I miss another opportunity. Oh I also need to get the audio into Butt for radio broadcasts.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Vb cable should allow you to do everything within one single computer

• Kronic
    edited May 2023

Ok thank you, that's good to hear, I must be making a mistake configuring the set up in vb cable /win10 sound settings/traktor audio device/and the primary audio device in butt or obs. would you happen to know the right way I should go about doing that?

• Kronic
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    edited May 2023

I don't understand what you would want to do with VB cable? I assume you mix in external mixing mode? You need to rec out / master from after the mixer, not what comes out of traktor.

Never owned a DJM, but from what I know you can decide on what USB channel you have rec out

I'm not sure if you can add USB9/10 directly in OBS as sound source. Maybe you need to install the OBS ASIO plugin first.

See page 19 in the DHM 900 manual for details.