Latest Generation Screens

wzdm.85
wzdm.85 Member Posts: 67 Helper
edited April 2023 in Maschine

Any chance that Native Instruments will start using the screens on the current generation hardware for better plugin visualization? I think that is the weakest point of the current generation hardware. It is sort of lame that you have these fairly big screens, and don't can't even see compressor levels, EQ points, or frequency spectrums.

I guess I imagine this is something they would save for the next generation. But at the same time, Ableton was able to slowly add visualizations to Push 2.

Comments

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

Soundwide is in the business of selling subscriptions to presets, don’t expect any updates or especially new hardware.

• wzdm.85
    edited April 2023

Phew! I hope not. I'm personally getting so sick of updates/upgrades. Companies need to start building things right the first time and leaving them.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

And how could they make you think you NEED them and specially their new products? 😏

• wzdm.85

Ha, well, at least they aren't touch screens.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

The touch screens on the MPCOS devices are amazing, there is no way you could intuitively run the newer MPC stuff without a touchscreen, they have way way more features than Maschine, it would be menu diving hell.

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

That’s why I prefer Maschine because it’s a more hands on workflow instead of touch screens. Too bad NI doesn’t have savvy ownership like Akai.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

I don't prefer either or, I definitely use Maschine more, but the Akais have way more features.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Having on-screen visual feedback for FX would be awesome, at least for compression and an EQ spectrum.

Doubt they are saving it for next gen, they've had high res screens since the Studio.