S4 MK1 sound issues

idawalter
idawalter Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

As my old Mac broke down, I've tried to get my S4 MK1 to work on a computer with Windows 11. I downloaded Traktor Pro 3, and the Windows 7 and above driver.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the sound goes up and down without me doing anything when I'm playing the songs. The sound volume is uneven and unstable. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do I have to buy a new controller? Will the S4 MK2 work?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,253 Expert

The controller per se has nothing to do with what you are experiencing. How are the audio settings in your new computer?

Unless your problem is with adjustment of velocity depending on how hard/soft you play the keys. But this is a feature, not a problem. And it should have been the same on your old Mac. Unless you were playing always on fixed velocity and now you discovered the world of keys responsiveness

• Courier4267
    Courier4267 Member Posts: 5 Member

Do you use songs downloaded from iTunes (m4a)? If so, this is a known issue. You could search for "m4a" here in the community to see what people are saying, but to help to go forward this is what you can do:

1. Downgrade to windows 10 (issue seems to be related to windows 11 and the latest 22H2 security update).

2. Convert your tracks to mp3 or other format

• idawalter
    idawalter Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you so much for your replies, I converted the tracks to mp3 and the problem is gone! Really appreciate your help :-D