Used Maschine Micro - have m32

the_wiki
the_wiki Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I bought an m32 keyboard. It came with Maschine Essentials software and a bunch of sounds and samples. That looks like the same software that comes with the Maschine Micro Mk3.

Am I correct in assuming that if I bought a second-hand Micro Mk2 or Mk3, I could just plug it in and it would work with the existing software that came with my keyboard? No need to worry about whether the serial has already been registered or software access for the Micro?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Correct. It’s not mandatory to register an hardware in order to use it. But if you register also the Mikro, you will get a second version of all the softwares (e.g. in case you will resell it, even if also in this case the new buyer will get the softwares anyway).

And in any case, it’s enough to ask the seller to ask for a License transfer (he will keep the softwares too)

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Correct. It’s not mandatory to register an hardware in order to use it. But if you register also the Mikro, you will get a second version of all the softwares (e.g. in case you will resell it, even if also in this case the new buyer will get the softwares anyway).

And in any case, it’s enough to ask the seller to ask for a License transfer (he will keep the softwares too)