Komplete Kontrol version 2.9.1 slow to load

Raveh
Raveh Member Posts: 18 Member

Hi,

Can someone please confirm what the best spec for Komplete Kontrol to run correctly,

1TB Crucial NVME Hard drive

32 Gb Ram, see attachment

Many Thanks

Studio AXXAM

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

WHat you post should be fine.

Maybe you can detail exactly what the issue is?

SLow to start when opened (scanning VSTs or something else)?

Slow opening a previous project in a DAW (what is loaded in KK and how many instances)?

If you find the load when using standalone is always due to scanning of VSTs you can press ESC to abort the scanner

• Gob
    Gob Member Posts: 19 Helper
    Answer ✓

Regarding the left speaker only issue, what is your audio interface and what does your audio setup page in KK look like?

I would recommend you install the program(s) and plugins on your system drive and sample libraries as well as preset libraries on a secondary drive.

Out of curiosity, why does it say that you only have 6.21GB of usable RAM out of the 32GB installed?

(I don't have Win11, so maybe it's a new feature?)

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Depends on the instrument, where you have the library content and how fast your drive is.

You say you have your VST library on a 1TB drive, if that a mechanical HDD or an SSD? HDD will be much slower of course and even some simple kontakt libraries of a GB or so can take upwards of 40+ seconds from an old mechanical drive. A reason I have multiple SSDs for VST libraies.

Define what the actual time of "Ages" is when loading something.

@Gob points out a clue here, out of 32GB of RAM you seem to have 6GB free which means your project (if it is open when you take that screenshot) must ahve a HUGE amount of content loaded into RAM. While your computer is "ok" it appears to be a laptop with a moddest i5 2Ghz processor so don't expect it to be loading things super fast.

The sound issue is likely as suggested, a config in your DAW or KK issue. Need to check your audio settings.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

WHat you post should be fine.

Maybe you can detail exactly what the issue is?

SLow to start when opened (scanning VSTs or something else)?

Slow opening a previous project in a DAW (what is loaded in KK and how many instances)?

If you find the load when using standalone is always due to scanning of VSTs you can press ESC to abort the scanner

• Raveh

Hi JesterMgee

Yes, it does work faster when esc scanning of VSTs, when using KK with Kontrol MK88 keyboard, browsing takes ages(Choir Omnia) and says loading , busy! the other issue why sound only comes out of the left speaker is it a default settings, what is the perfect setting for having all application on system disk and the plugins+library on the main 1TB drive or separate locations

Many Thanks

Studio AXXAM

• Gob
    Gob Member Posts: 19 Helper
    Answer ✓

Regarding the left speaker only issue, what is your audio interface and what does your audio setup page in KK look like?

I would recommend you install the program(s) and plugins on your system drive and sample libraries as well as preset libraries on a secondary drive.

Out of curiosity, why does it say that you only have 6.21GB of usable RAM out of the 32GB installed?

(I don't have Win11, so maybe it's a new feature?)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

Choir Omnia is a huge library and quite resources hungry. A longer time to load it is required (if it’s not exaggeratedly long)

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Depends on the instrument, where you have the library content and how fast your drive is.

You say you have your VST library on a 1TB drive, if that a mechanical HDD or an SSD? HDD will be much slower of course and even some simple kontakt libraries of a GB or so can take upwards of 40+ seconds from an old mechanical drive. A reason I have multiple SSDs for VST libraies.

Define what the actual time of "Ages" is when loading something.

@Gob points out a clue here, out of 32GB of RAM you seem to have 6GB free which means your project (if it is open when you take that screenshot) must ahve a HUGE amount of content loaded into RAM. While your computer is "ok" it appears to be a laptop with a moddest i5 2Ghz processor so don't expect it to be loading things super fast.

The sound issue is likely as suggested, a config in your DAW or KK issue. Need to check your audio settings.

• Raveh

Hi JesterMgee

Thanks for your response, I have managed to fix both issues for the sound and the Ram, just to clarify that I have all applications(Ableton Live and all other single apps purchase with Komplete 14 Collector's Edition Upgrade (kontakt 7, Machine 2, Massive, Reaktor 6, absynth 5, battery 4, etc.,,,,,) installed on the 1TB Crucial NVME not mechanical Hard Drive! also i have a pc desktop gaming pc with an Asus mainboard i5 2Ghz , see attachment for saved library, plugins, file location , etc.,,

Many Thanks,

Raveh

Studio AXXAM

• JesterMgee

So how did you fix?

• Raveh

Hi GesterMgee

As for the sound issue i fixed by opening Ableton live and changed configuration in preferences, but still more tweaking to do! will try different settings and go by process of elimination

Kind Regards,

Raveh

Studio AXXAM