December leaderboard & prizes

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
edited January 4 in NI News

*Attention community members! Our reward system is temporarily on hold as we reevaluate your feedback. Stay tuned for updates and please check back later.*

As a community member, you can win vouchers simply by answering the most questions.

Here come the top 5 contributors for December 2023.

Winner of first place prize - $100 voucher

Congrats @Kymeia for making it to the first place of our leaderboard. You posted 180 answers in December and earned 305 points in total.

Winner of second place prize - $50 voucher

Second on the leaderboard is @Sunborn, who posted 265 answers. You made 258 points in total.

Winner of third place prize - $25 voucher

December's third place goes to @mykejb. You posted 252 answers and made 228 points.

Winner of fourth place prize - $25 voucher

In the fourth place, we have @tetsuneko, scoring 189 points.

Winner of fifth place prize - $25 voucher

Last and not least, the fifth place goes to @PoorFellow, with 161 posted answers and a total of 176 points earned in December.

Important changes to the point system

We took your feedback into account and decided to make adjustments to the point system. Starting today, you'll get 3 points when your answer is accepted. You won't get a point simply by posting an answer to a thread any more. We also increase penalties for spamming and posting abusive comments. See an updated point system here.

Please give a round of applause to everyone on the leaderboard. Each of these top contributors has consistently gone above and beyond to provide thoughtful, informative, and helpful responses to our members' questions. Remember, your active involvement plays a crucial role in shaping our forum into a vibrant hub of knowledge exchange. ✨

Want to be on this list and win prizes? Become a top contributor by answering questions and posting discussions. See more info here.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited June 2023

Last month we announced that as a community member, you can win vouchers simply by answering the most questions from fellow users. Here come the top contributors for April 2023 - the first ever round of our monthly leaderboard giveaway.

1st place @LostInFoundation

You posted 803 answers in total, out of which 72 were accepted answers. You made 652 points last month! A 100USD voucher is on its way to you. 💸

2nd place @Kymeia

You posted 154 answers last month, out of which 15 were accepted answers. You made 182 points in total. A 50USD voucher will be with you soon.

3rd place @Kubrak

You posted 120 answers, out of which 17 were accepted answers. You made 159 points. You won a 25USD voucher.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into helping others in the community. Your contributions are appreciated! 

Want to be on this list and win prizes? Become a top contributor by answering users' questions and adding your own content. See more info here.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited July 2023

Thanks @Kaiwan_NI

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited July 2023

Yes thanks for this

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited July 2023

Thank you very much. I have a couple of requests I wrote you in the DM you sent me

• Kaiwan_NI

@LostInFoundation @Kymeia @Paule Please DM me the currency of the voucher you'd like to have 🎉

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Thanks Kai, I send a DM to you.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited June 2023

Congrats all!

INB4, this is not a dig at certain users from that list.

I think there should be a rule of sorts in place to make it a bit fairer for everyone. Maybe make it so that if a user wins in <month xyz>, he/she will be excluded from winning for the next month. Otherwise, it will (possibly) always be the same people, so... where's the point in even caring.

As great as the whole idea of the rewards system is, it certainly has its flaws.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Thanks - yes it's a bit embarrassing to win again (even if second). I certainly was happy to contribute to the same degree before this rewards thing. Not that I'm not grateful of course, thanks again

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited June 2023

Nah... I don't think you should feel embarassed and neither should LostInFoundation. You guys, including Paule, help where you can and that's what this community is all about.

• Kymeia

I know but I just hope people know I have always contributed a lot - especially NKS related support - and the rewards have nothing to do with that.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023

For me setting some rules could be ok.

But…just a couple of considerations: (and…don’t worry: I’m not saying this cause I’m the winner…even because I don’t know for how long I will continue with this. As much as I like to help other users, this forum world doesn’t fit me well)

• Seeing somebody else helping a lot and be rewarded could make other users start to help more
    • Meritocracy doesn’t go well with rules. If the goal is to give rewards to people putting efforts in helping others, the ones that put more effort should always be the ones rewarded
    • There is a very simple solution to “the same people”: other users helping more than them. THIS is fairness, not saying to someone “you can’t partecipate cause you already helped last month”. To be fair means “if you do the same things, you have the same chances”. Not “you have more chances cause we removed somebody else’s chances”
    • For sure giving answers shouldn’t be the only thing rewarded. People putting even more work for providing other users with tools (see the NKS User Library or the M+ standalone optimized Reaktor content from the community threads) should be recognized. Even if like this someone like Kymeia would get double prizes 😂 (but for me this would be right: double work, double utility for NI community, double recognition…as I said, meritocracy). But I’m sure someone will have something to say about it in this case too

As I said, setting some rules would be ok for me, even because I don’t know for how long I will still be around. But in this case let’s call it “Giving something to everyone”, not fairness.

A worker working more than the others should always gain more money.

A basketball player who trained hard for all his youth and renounced to who knows how many things to become stronger and be the one playing better should always have his place in the best team.

Do you see a world where a Michael Jordan should give his place to another guy who spent his teenager years going every Friday and Saturday night to the disco and plays worst just to give him a chance as fair?

But I do understand your point. The only thing I don’t agree is “where's the point in even caring”. The point is that what we should care is HELPING OTHERS (and only eventually being rewarded for the effort put in it). If the point one cares is the reward, THIS would be the flaw in this idea.

And just as Kymeia said, I just hope that people see that the ones on top of the list are there cause they like and they care to help others, not for the prize. Otherwise I could help less than half of what I do now and still win the first prize

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    edited June 2023

Congrats guys!

Now, since it was mentioned, about the point system, I agree with all the above members, everyone has a true point of view. For sure it is not very fair to exclude someone because he won already 2-3 times, but equally, it is not fair either if someone has the time to spend 12 hours everyday here to give answers, while others (who might be even more helpful/educated etc.) have to work a lot or have a family to take care, or they traveling, or whatever.

So, i think a good and fair solution might be that points should count only for the correct and accepted answers and not for answers in total! By knowing that fact, people will be more careful before they answer, they have to think first instead of giving generic answers and, by that, the forum will have a higher level of quality regarding to answers. Apart of that, i think the "point system" is very fair to everyone.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

The problem with that is not many people who ask questions actually bother to click the accepted answer button - the same is true of likes and insightfuls. As I'm sure you are aware you might go to the trouble of spending half a day or more on creating a NKS bank or template only to get no or just 1 like (not that this was ever a factor in doing that). So the real problem is many of the people making significant efforts on behalf of the community are not getting rewarded for this.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023

I agree that points only for accepted answers could be a solution. In any case some NI people on the forum sometimes control posts and if the OP didn’t mark the correct answer, they do it (probably this would mean more work for them and more forum presence).

About the time spent helping, this is exactly coherent with the goal of the initiative: if you spend more time helping others, you get rewarded. We all have to work, have families to take care and so on. If one decide to use his free time to help others, it’s correct he is rewarded. Take me as an example: I work on shifts in a refugee camp. So sometimes I work during the day, sometimes during the night and so on. Now I’m even taking care of my father (who had an ictus last year) cause my mother is in the hospital for several weeks after a bad accident and he is not self sufficient (even without the ictus, I think he never cooked something in his whole life 😂😂😂). But since I have pleasure in helping others, I use my free time here in the forum. It’s also a kind of distraction from all the troubles I have in my life and I see in others (the refugees) life. Coming here and knowing I can help someone to find a solution to his problems and allowing him to spend his free time doing what he likes (making music) instead of fighting things not working for him it’s rewarding for me. Surely those guys have problems in their life too and knowing I can be helpful to make them enjoy their free time is something that makes me happy.

With all the problems we have in this world that we can’t solve, finding something in which you can be useful is very satisfying.

I know people have another opinion of me (probably something in the range of “this guy has nothing to do and spend his life just “stealing” my chances”), but sometimes there is something more behind someone’s behavior than what can be analyzed just entering a forum and thinking to know everything about other’s life 😉

In any case the idea of “only accepted answers” would eliminate some differences between the ones that spend more time helping and the others (or the “more helpful/educated” mentioned). If you really helped, you get points. Otherwise, no points. But I don’t know if it would be correct. As I said, using personal free time isn’t something that should be punished. And in this way also the other forms of help (NKS, Reaktor ensemble,…) will become completely un rewarded

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert