Do I have the right to upgrade to "Maschine 2 Software upgrade"?

Robie42
Robie42 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I own Maschine 2 Essential. Is M2 Software upgrade stricly for the 1.x users? Else, i can buy Factory Library for the same proce, but Ibmiss Komplete select within Software Upgrade. Thanks you, the musicians.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

That’s a good question. To be sure, I would ask NI support. But probably it will take some days before answer these days

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 63 Helper
    edited May 2023

All Komplete Kontrol keyboards come with Maschine 2 Essential which is Maschine 2 software with Maschine Factory Library Selection. You can upgrade to the full Maschine Full Factory Library via https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/maschine-accessories/upgrade-your-library/ and you will get the same Maschine 2 software bundle as with the Maschine hardware themselves.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Well…no.

As you can see in the page you linked and as the op is stating, the price for the Maschine library AND Komplete 14 select is 149, while the Maschine 2 update at 99 comes with K14 select at 99. Hence his question if he can buy the software update owning already Maschine 2 Essentials or if it is only for Maschine 1 owners, since in the description only this is written

The only question eventually is if the Maschine 2 update gives you the Essentials version (without the full library) or the Full version, but when I updated back in the days to Maschine 2 (without having to buy it because it was free for Maschine 2 HW owners) it just updated to full version.

And the Mikro too doesn’t come with the same software bundle: no K14 select and no Maschine full library with it. Only the bigger models have them

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

That’s why his question is clever: if NI confirms him that an owner of Maschine 2 Essentials can use the Maschine 2 update path, he can have K14 select for the same price (99), sparing 50 bucks. And that’s also why I think their answer will be no. But better let NI itself give an official answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited May 2023

victorp.sg is right - MASCHINE Essentials and MASCHINE 2 software are the same:

The only thing you can do is purchasing the upgrade to the MASCHINE Factory Library - either alone or with Komplete 14 Select. You do not need to (and shouldn't) buy the software update.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

So…now I don’t understand…

You both are answering to a different question from the one the op is asking…

Am I the one not understanding him???

The op ALREADY own Maschine Essentials (that probably came with one of the mentioned hardwares). What he is asking is if can use the Maschine 2 update (the software one, not the library one) path to update to full version of Maschine and also get the included K14 select, instead of buying the Factory library update which doesn’t bundle it. This question is not answered in the article you linked.

Yes, he doesn’t NEED the software update (since he already has Maschine 2 software, even if with the limited library), but if by following this path he gets same contents of the library update PLUS K14 select for the same price, it really looks like a clever question to make…

• Monochrome
    edited May 2023

My understanding is that the OP wants to buy the software update (there is no upgrade of sorts) in order to go from MASCHINE 2 Essentials to MASCHINE 2, but... that's not necessary at all since both are literally the same software. Also, it's meant for users of MASCHINE 1.X software.

So, his sole option left here would be to buy the upgrade to the MASCHINE Factory Library - either alone or with Komplete 14 Select (as seen in your screenshot).

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

EXACTLY! You get it right…so doesn’t it seems clever to you even if not NECESSARY (if feasible for Maschine 2 essentials owners and not ONLY for Maschine 1 users) to follow this path, since for the same price you’ll get also K14 Select?

That’s why he asks it. Probably the answer will be negative, but… being it not completely clear, he is right to ask it. Probably the key is in wording: being it an UPDATE, the answer will be no, otherwise it would be called also UPGRADE. But the boundaries within these 2 terms sometimes is thin, and asking is free…

Ok…I’m not getting crazy…I DID understand his question 😅

• Monochrome

Would be good if the OP could clarify what his plan is/was. Admittedly, it's not that clear.

I still tend to think that he just confused Essentials to be a lesser version of MASCHINE 2. In case it was the idea to save some money somehow, okay. He'd need Maschine 1 software, though, as the software update will likely require it as a Base product. And I don't think that NI would add it to his account just for funsies.

• Robie42
    Robie42 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Thanks you from france everyone, for giving me your time.

• Monochrome

@Robie42 But... what was your concern here in the end?

Did you thought that MASCHINE Essentials is a lesser version of the MASCHINE 2 software?

or

Did you wanted to get the Factory Library and Komplete 14 Select at a lower price via the software update?

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

In my opinion, his first post is VERY clear on what he wants/why he ask for it and that he knows in the site the software update is advertised for version 1 users. He just tried to ask ☺️

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Ah…voila le mac ☺️

So…did I understand you correctly? ☺️

• LostInFoundation

Let’s make a bet Monochrome: if you were right, I’ll buy you a new gaming mouse. If I was right, you stop calling me old 😏

(Joking of course…good gaming mouse are too expensive 😂)

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 63 Helper

In order to upgrade to Maschine 2 software from Maschine 1, you need the Maschine 1 software already registered in your user account. If it is not, Native Access will not let you upgrade with the Maschine 2 software upgrade serial number. As such, the OP cannot use this path to convert his Maschine 2 Essential to the full Maschine 2 software bundle.

Anyway, I suggest that OP should wait for NI Summer of Sound sale which should be coming next month, June. It is possible you can save up to 50% on the full Maschine 2 Full Factory Library during then.