Absynth update fail

arturia
arturia Member Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2023 in Native Access

I was trying to update my plugins with native access but absynth 5 fails to update. Ive tried repairing and reinstalling to no avail. WHen putting a location it doesnt accept any oof them. Im putting the location where it was before and all the others are ie program files>native instruments. Anyone know how I can fix this please?

I also tried using the uninstall reg tool but i cant open as admin

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023

Absynth 5 is a discontinued product by NI.

You can't order/buy it - there are no update possibilities anymore.

If you change your OS or got a new computer no update for you or me.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Thing is even though it's no longer developed that is a recent change so it is still possible to update it or even install it from scratch. I did that a few days ago myself on an old iMac I am using as a way to still use my software that is defunct on my Mac Studio Max. Maybe you need to be using Native Access version 1, that's what I use as my old iMac is running Mohave? Try that first. If not try downloading one of the legacy installers from here:

then see if it allows you to update to the current version

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023

Would be good though if NI would add the last working versions of their products to that link as it states it is meant to include everything apart from the current version. I would like to have a backup of the Absynth installer available for when it is no longer possible to install through Native Access

• arturia
    arturia Member Posts: 7 Member

i have uninstalled it manually and deleted. Will I still be able to reinstall?

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023

I was - using NA 1 (this was on a newly reformatted system 2 days ago)

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @arturia

What OS are you running exactly?

If you are running Windows, it should be enough to carry out these steps, then reinstall Absynth 5 via Native Access: Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

If you are running macOS, you should already have the option to install Absynth 5 again via Native Access.

If not, you can install it via the following link:

Once installed, please run Native Access so that it can correctly authorise.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

"Discontinued" just means that it won't receive any new updates in the future. This includes compatibility updates: if a new Windows or macOS version (where, quite frankly, macOS is the bigger troublemaker in terms of compatibility) comes out and renders Absynth unusable, then it's basically done for real.

I just downloaded and installed Absynth via NA2 on a Windows 10 machine:

Except it... didn't. It says "installed" in green there and the installer did run in the background, but after installing it still says "Install" on the product tile and there's no trace of Absynth on the PC.

I can't be bothered to install NA1 to test it there, but since Kymeia had no issues, this seems on NA2.

Does NA2 have any log files to inspect?

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023

Interesting. It definitely fully installed on my system with NA1 but that might not be the only variable (I'm on Mac for example)

• Kymeia

Thanks - I suggest people snag this and back it up quickly. But why can't this just be added to the legacy installers repository?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

So, I was able to snag the installer file from my download folder while NA2 was "installing" Absynth. Afterwards, I ran the Absynth installer manually - and met success. NA2 also recognized the manual installation as it now says "Installed" on the tile.

Definitely something wrong seems to happen when NA2 tries to install it.

• Sacor07
    Sacor07 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am trying to install the absynth 5 update on my Mac through native access 2 but when it's completed absynth stays the same. Anybody figure it out?

• Kymeia

Yes use the installer posted above

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

Unluckily it already says “too many users grabbed it”…must find the right moment…

• Kymeia

Maybe DM @Jeremy_NI and ask to post again?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

Sometimes is just a matter of wait. If someone just downloaded, you have to wait