How to set up sustain pedal? Komplete Kontrol S88mk2

Ken-Ichiro Kosai
Ken-Ichiro Kosai Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Obviously, I read over the guide for Komplete Kontrol S88 mk2 (Japanese). I followed it, but sustain pedal (Yamaha FC3A) did not work. Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

Are you using the Komplete Kontrol Software standalone? Or in a DAW?

• Ken-Ichiro Kosai
    Answer ✓

Thanks for paying attention to my question.

I am using the Komplet Kontrol Software.

I did it after reading a similar QA in the community and fortunately it worked.

I switched the main unit (keyboard) back on once, then put the pedal in and re-set it as follows.

Mode = Continuous. Invert = switch to the right. Swap T/R = switch to the left. Assign Type = Ctrl Change. MIDI Channel = 1 ; Number = 64. Range from 0 to 127. Calibrate - Follow Instructions

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

For a sustain pedal, the "Mode" should not be continous, that would be for an Expression pedal so you must be reading the wrong info for a Sustain pedal.

Should be:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005166305-How-to-Configure-Sustain-Expression-Pedals-on-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Keyboards

• Ken-Ichiro Kosai
    I was able to completely set up the pedals (FC3A) as suggested. Thank you very much. But now I have the same problem (FC3A pedal does not work) and I cannot fix it even though I follow the same instructions as before. My cat suddenly got on the KM88 keyboard and pressed some button. At that time, the sound became persistent and kept playing, so I pressed various buttons on the keyboard to stop it anyway. I imagine that I probably put in a program at that time that did not recognize Pedal A. We turned off the Mac Book and unplugged all the cables. And I tried to fix it as suggested earlier. I also read the manual. But the pedal did not work at all. I would appreciate if someone could give me some suggestions. Thank you very much.