iMaschine gone from App Store

Comments

• alphabrackets
    alphabrackets Member Posts: 3 Member

This has been going on a long time. I paid for the license and cannot use it. Native Instruments should provide some compensation for this outage.

• HD3DLEDETC
    HD3DLEDETC Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2023

I think the communication of NI is a disaster. They removed an app for months, telling it is because of testing and then nothing happens. The biggest joke is that it is working flawlessly on the newest iOS, about the true reasons just can be speculated. The sad thing is not the app itself, i didn't just it a lot recently, it is the sloppy communication. Instead of spending 5 minutes to make a short comment on the website, nothing. It looks like the management simply doesn't care because it isn't bringing a lot cash anymore. It is sad they don't realize that this purely selling focused behavior will fall back to future buying decisions in departments that still matters because customers realize if a company is unreliable about one product it can happen with every other product that doesn't succeed. Together with the super slow native M1 support, database problems after updating and projects like the abandoned D2 stem controller i lost my trust in the company's reliability.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited April 2023

Leeeeeet’s see…

8 months later…what is the official statement about this very, very, VERY deep testing?

Or maybe it’s our mistake…we misunderstood and with “next major IOS update they want to ensure compatibility to before we buy (how altruist they are…)” they were talking about IOS 248 coming out in 2086.

As I already said in other threads, BE BRAVE and tell us the truth for one time!

And at least give us back the IAP shop so we can continue to use the app you never showed love to with the expansions we paid for…

I don’t even mind if you don’t care about iOS at all and will never improve this nor Traktor apps…or add any new expansion…just let us use an app that is working, we paid for and paid additionally for expansions

(Though job yours, @Jeremy_NI …they even lie to you and making YOU come here to put your face on THEIR lies…my empathy to you 👍🏼)

• LostInFoundation

(And now let’s wait for NO answer to be given inna typical NI style 😉)

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro

I'm going to make you worry, but I don't think these apps are coming back. Maybe they were business unprofitable and that's why they were withdrawn. Maintaining such apps is a lot of money. I'm sad about that, too, because I liked iMaschine for its ability to export sketches to the big Maschine.  

• LostInFoundation

Thank you for caring about me, but you’re not making me worry at all, since I was sarcastic 😉. I know it won’t be back. I just want them to say the truth

In any case… if you read what I wrote…I never asked to maintain anything…just to let us use it. Traktor dj 1 and 2 are still on the AppStore, so NI is still paying the annual fees Apple requires to keep a developer in the AppStore. So it would just be a matter of leaving the app in the store and maintains the IAP downloadable (we paid for them).

FIY, you STILL can use the app to sketch. You can download it from your bought apps under your account. But then you won’t be able to download the expansions cause NI crippled their internal IAPs store

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

I reached out for an official comment on the topic.

• VitaminDust
    VitaminDust Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Any updates?

• LostInFoundation

@Jeremy_NI As I suspected, after weeks passed by, no answer. Thank you anyway for trying. I know you won’t do it, but I ask you anyway last favor: this time, instead of asking for an official comment, bring them a message by my side: “BE HONEST”

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

@LostInFoundation An official comment is coming soon.

• LostInFoundation

“Soon” inna NI style? 😂😂😂

Thank you anyway

• spock
    spock Member Posts: 25 Helper

Do you know why at NI, "soon" is often an exponential vision? Because the more time passes, the further away the expected release date for a new feature or product seems to be! One could even say that "soon" has become a mathematical concept at NI: the more you multiply the announced weeks or months, the more you get a release date that moves towards infinity!

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member

It would be so cool to have the Maschine on the iPad. I really hope the official statement is not "We have decided to drop it". Maybe Sooperbooth is the right time for the announcement.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Hardly possible with M+…

but maybe Apple merging somehow OSs (or apps) could make it possible sooner or later. The question will be “touch interface” since iOS apps were designed with that purpose in mind but desktop not too much.

I will not expect news on this front but hopefully I’m totally wrong and NI surprise us…