Serial activation.

Hi everyone. I just bought a traktor S4 mk1 controller. When I tried to add the serial into native access. I get on error . I think the s4 might have been registered before. Do I need a transfer license. I have the serial code that came with it . But I does not seem to work. Is this item useless now or can I get around this issue. I have contacted native instruments about it. So hopefully they can help . Thanks everyone for your help.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

Just wait for support to respond to you.

Sometimes they can transfer the license to you. Sometimes they don't want to take it away from the previous owner. I have seen both.

Next time make sure you get a license with the hardware you buy.

• Marty15089
    Marty15089 Member Posts: 11 Member

I know bummer . The guy said he had it working himself, before I bought it. He was supposed to sort the license . But didn't.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

While you wait for support, if you still have his contacts, try to ask him for a transfer key.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209566129-How-to-Request-a-License-Transfer-ID-to-Sell-Your-NI-Product

Right now you can use the 30 minutes demo version of Traktor or use a free app like Mixxx

Btw, keep in mind the mk1 is quite old and will not work on modern Mac OS systems. Windows is fine.

• Marty15089
    Marty15089 Member Posts: 11 Member

Will the s4 work with mixx. Without any issues . If all else fails .Also, Thank you for your reply and help.Much appreciated .I'm using it on windows 10 .