Kontakt 5 plug in: I updated Pro Tools to 2023 3.0 and the Kontakt 5 plug in is greyed out.

SSN
SSN Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have tried uninstalling kontakt 5 and reinstalling multiple times. Nothing is working. Each time I go through and delete the plug in files etc. and reinstall Kontakt 5, the plug in file is reinstalled but has a date modified as of last year. So it appears that reinstalling is not generating a new Kontakt 5 plug in file. I had the same problem with Battery 4 but I was able to remove the plug in file and reinstall and the plug in had a current date modified. The Battery plug in works now in PT. Help!

Best Answer

• Wenting Music
    Wenting Music Member Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓

Hello @SSN,

Are you working with a Mac using an Apple Silicon chip (M1, M2)? In that case you might have to run ProTools in Rosetta mode in order to activate Intel Based plug-ins.

'to enable Pro Tools to run under Rosetta. select the Pro Tools app and the applications folder. and get info. there you will see the option of open using Rosetta unchecked check this option close the get info window and launch Pro Tools.'

I hope I have answered your question!

Kind regards,

Wenting Music

Answers

• Wenting Music
    Wenting Music Member Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓

Hello @SSN,

Are you working with a Mac using an Apple Silicon chip (M1, M2)? In that case you might have to run ProTools in Rosetta mode in order to activate Intel Based plug-ins.

'to enable Pro Tools to run under Rosetta. select the Pro Tools app and the applications folder. and get info. there you will see the option of open using Rosetta unchecked check this option close the get info window and launch Pro Tools.'

I hope I have answered your question!

Kind regards,

Wenting Music

• SSN
    SSN Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It worked. Thank you!

• timroberts
    timroberts Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

same problem however my PT just crashes on startup

after I did this