Extend playable range to include higher mapped notes?

etudes
etudes Member Posts: 25 Member
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

I'm using a keyswitched multi-articulation 3rd-party Kontakt instrument in which I've discovered that one of the articulations' playable range (the blue notes) ends much lower than the range it was actually sampled and mapped in the Mapping Editor.

Is there a way to extend the playable range to include those higher mapped notes?

The Instrument Options "key range" setting is the full C-2 to G8 range.

I'm running Kontakt 7.1.8 (full version) and the library is called Midnight Strings from Audio Imperia. There are two groups that contain the zones of this articulation, one group per round robin.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert

Did you try to put the keyboard in Midi mode?

• etudes

If you mean my MIDI keyboard, then yes it is in MIDI mode, but I'm not sure why that would matter. Just clicking on the virtual keyboard in Kontakt does the same thing.

The blue/playable/clickable notes only go up to a certain note, much lower than the highest mapped notes.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited May 2023

@etudes Unfortunately I don't have this library to check. Not sure how much editting can be done. Have you tried to contact Audio Imperia? they'll have more insights on this.

• etudes

@Jeremy_NI Well thanks for the response anyhow. I did reach out to Audio Imperia, haven't heard back yet.

It sounds like, if the playable key range isn't matching the range of what has been mapped, then the problem lies in the scripting, is that right? I could attach the script that runs the instrument if that helps.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

If it is a 3rd party library and scripting is in question, it is definitely an issue for Audio Imperia.

I recently discovered a script error in a product from Impact Soundworks and they patched it in less than a week.

• etudes

@Brad Yost Ahh ok, roger that, thanks! I will wait to hear back from Audio Imperia support.