Issue with external hard drive.

Florentggene
Florentggene Member Posts: 16 Member
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

Hello, on some kontakt libraries (for example hybrid keys) I am obliged to use the internal hard disk, because the sound cuts by intermittence when I play the keyboard, there is no stability of the vst... But with the symphony series for example there is no such problem, unless there are many tracks. 

Can you help me to solve this problem, thank you?

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Je vais repondre en anglais puisque le forum est english only

What kind of HD are you using? SSD or normal?

The Play Series Instrument’s are quite resources eaters

• Florentggene

my hard drive external is a ssd and my problem is with kontakt 6

• Florentggene

for for example with electric sunburst that's ok and in contrary with kontakt library factory that's awful there is some many cut of the sound ,like the cpu is surcharged...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Please note the forum is in English only. Since @LostInFoundation already jumped in, I didn't delete the post but I translated it. Please follow our guidelines & code of conduct.

Regarding your issue, what format is your external hard drive? What's your operating system? Is it the same in Kontakt in standalone, in yaour DAW? What DAW is it?

Where exactly is it installed on your internal drive? Where do you install it on the SSD ? Please write down the installation paths here.

• Florentggene

ntfs

windows 11 ,same in standalone and in my daw

ableton10 suite

on usb 3.0 all library are in the same file E: bibliotheque native

• Jeremy_NI

@Florentggene Thanks for the info. It looks like we'll need to have a deeper look in your system. I'm contacting you by email.

• Florentggene

excuse me not in standalone,

and I change the multiprocessor support in standalone 8 core to 4 core

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited May 2023

A USB connected SSD is limited to the speed of the USB whereas an internal SSD if MUCH faster because it's directly connected to the computer bus. This normally isn't a problem unless you're dealing with a large sample library and/or you're limited in your computer memory or you have a lot of background processes taking up CPU time which is kind of what this is sounding like.

I only keep a few less demanding libraries on my USB connected drives. Everything else is loaded on my internal 2TB SSD. I'm running 16gb of internal memory with an  i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz on Windows 10 and I have no issues even on deeply sampled orchestral libraries. But I'm pretty diligent when is comes to not running unnecessary background processes or running multiple things at once.

A typical project for me consists of The Gentleman or Grandeur piano, 8DIO Hammond Organ (very big library) or layered synth like Lunaris or Vocalise 2, Session Horns Pro or Session Strings Pro, a Session Guitarist library and Abbey Road drums with no hesitation or noticeable lag.

Based on my experience is seems like you more likely have a bottleneck in your PC configuration.

• Florentggene

It's a laptop, I should have bought a PC

Otherwise I have another problem, the velocity of my Konplete Kontrol keyboard is not loud enough, compared to the sound of reading samples with the Konplete Kontrol software

Could I have help too, is it possible to change the velocity without Midi effect Ableton?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Florentggene After checking your ticket, it seems you managed to fix the issue by batch resaving the library: How to Batch re-save a KONTAKT Library