Missing NI Icon, Can't Uninstall on WIndows 7

adEY08394
adEY08394 Member Posts: 49 Member
edited May 2023 in Komplete General

When I install Abbey Road 70s Drummer on Windows 7, it's missing the NI icon to the left, and when I try and uninstall it it gives the message:

"An error occurred while trying to uninstall Native Instruments Abbey Road 70s Drummer. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove Native Instruments Abbey Road 70s Drummer from the Programs and Features list?"

So I reinstall 70s Drummer which fixes the icon and it can then be uninstalled, but the missing icon just moves to 80s Drummer, and now 80s Drummer can't be uninstalled.

Then when I reinstall 80s Drummer the missing icon goes back to 70s Drummer.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Wow…THIS is strange…😶

Did you try to uninstall it from a program like IObit uninstaller that allows to uninstall automatically also all the register files for a program. It is free and you can give it a go (windows uninstaller isn’t the best program ever made…)

• adEY08394

I haven't tried IObit, I'll check it out, thanks.

I just tried fresh installs on a new Windows 7 system to test the issue. This time I installed Abbey Road 80s Drummer first, no issues; then installed Maschine Drum Selection, no issues; then installed Abbey Road 70s Drummer, which caused the NI icon to disappear from Abbey Road 80s Drummer this time.

So the issue has something to do with some kind of conflict between 70s Drummer and 80s Drummer, because whenever I install either of them the disappearing NI icon jumps between those two products only, and no other NI product.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

If you try this little unininstaller from us: NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip does it work?

• adEY08394

It removes the Abbey Road 70s/80s Drummer registry settings, but does not fix the NI icon issue when reinstalled.

• Jeremy_NI

@adEY08394 and apart from that, are the libraries functional within Kontakt?

• adEY08394
    edited April 2023

Yes functional within Kontakt.

I just noticed too that when I recently installed "Kontakt Factory Selection", it removed the icon from "Kontakt Factory Library".

I finished installing Komplete 12 Ultimate CE; so Abbey Road and Kontakt Factory are the only NI products with the icon/uninstall issue.

• Jeremy_NI

@adEY08394 Not sure if this is related, and something I did not catch earlier. Windows 7 is not officially supported anymore for most of our products, not meaning it will not work but could be issues.

• adEY08394

Komplete 12 is one of the products that's still supported on Windows 7.

• Jeremy_NI

@adEY08394 Maybe but all the latest versions of our plug-ins are not. Please check this compatibility article to find the latest versions supported on your system: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on Windows

• adEY08394

I'm trying to understand what your point is. You said the latest versions of your plug-ins are not supported on Win 7. And then you said to check the compatibility article to find the latest versions supported on Win 7. The article shows that the latest version of KOMPLETE 12 HD is supported on Win 7.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023

@adEY08394 Well, when you buy a bundle you get plug-ins. These plug-ins get updated over time, partly to get compatible with current operating systems. At some point in the latest updates (quite a while ago already) support for Windows 7 was dropped. In the compatibility article I shared you can find the previous versions of the plug-ins officially supported for Windows 7.