Trouble with Kontakt Player / Shows as DEMO

devgfk
devgfk Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

Hello,

I am new to Kontakt and Native Instruments as a whole. I recently purchased a drum library from GGD and it is showing up as a demo version in my installed libraries. I am confused as this is a player library and should work in the player version of Kontakt. I am also running into an issue where Kontakt Player is showing up in my DAW as Kontakt 7 and is running as a demo version. I have redownloaded native access and Kontakt Player more times than I would like to admit to, I've tried reauthorizing my serial code for my library and nothing seems to work. I would very much appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

It is an issue with Native Access last version itself.

If you want you can try to install a previous version to see if things gets better

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000407909-Native-Access-Legacy-Installers-for-Older-Operating-Systems

• devgfk

Just tried it, no success sadly. I deleted everything related to native instruments off of my hard drive and in regedit, downgraded to an earlier version of Native Access and it's still showing as demos. Thank you for the help though, trial and error.

• devgfk

Specifically, this is the error message when I try to download Kontakt Player.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

This is very typical with NA these days (together with many other issues)

If older versions don’t work too, I don’t know how to help you, even because it’s more than one month these issues are around, NI doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to fix them at all, and every time I try to raise the issue I end up having people (which luckily for them don’t have these problems many others have to face) telling me that I am “dramatic”, I just want to play the “messiah” and that the hundreds of people who can’t install, register, authorize or activate their programs are just not clever enough to do it or have computers who are the problems themselves. Practically, NI admitting their new version of the software is buggy but not fixing is ok…

This is why I’m still on Native Access 1

• devgfk

I appreciate the help, what a pain haha, waste of 100 dollars. Hopefully I can get some help from the support team, although it's been 3 days with no reply.

• : )
    : ) Member Posts: 24 Member

Wait, why is there a demo version of K7?

Isn't player sort of that already?

• : )
    : ) Member Posts: 24 Member

Oh I guess it's for development features and such

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@devgfk My colleagues got back to you. You can also check this article: My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access