Native Access not smart enough to "reinstall" in the proper location.

lahatte
lahatte Member Posts: 92 Member
edited May 2023 in Native Access

How can this be? Native Access doesn't use the current install location to reinstall, but instead goes with what is in the "Preferences" (which are NOT my preferences by the way. Really, does anyone put ALL their libraries under a single folder, as per "Preferences"?? Inconceivable!).

PLEASE FIX.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @lahatte

This is not a bug, or an error, but by design.

Install locations can only be set in the Preferences, as this allows more flexibility when it comes to installations / reinstallations.

You can change you Content Installation location at any time before installing a new library.

(which are NOT my preferences by the way. Really, does anyone put ALL their libraries under a single folder, as per "Preferences"?? Inconceivable!).

What do you mean by this exactly? You can set the preferences as you like, what makes you think that you cannot set this preference as you would like?

Answers

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @lahatte

This is not a bug, or an error, but by design.

Install locations can only be set in the Preferences, as this allows more flexibility when it comes to installations / reinstallations.

You can change you Content Installation location at any time before installing a new library.

(which are NOT my preferences by the way. Really, does anyone put ALL their libraries under a single folder, as per "Preferences"?? Inconceivable!).

What do you mean by this exactly? You can set the preferences as you like, what makes you think that you cannot set this preference as you would like?

• lahatte
    lahatte Member Posts: 92 Member

Hi Rich,

That "design" makes no sense. I have many different Kontakt libraries from many different manufacturers. I do not want all of those libraries in the same folder, as is the case when a single install location is specified in the program settings. EVERY OTHER installer I know of asks where to install at the time of installation.

And, it is NOT "more flexible" to hide the installation path. The installation path should be set PER LIBRARY, not globally and hidden away in program settings.

How can it possibly be "more flexible" that NA does not know the install path of an existing particular library and be able to use that when updating and reinstalling, but instead uses whatever is set in the "global" setting?

How do YOU keep your libraries and install them with NA? Do you just put them all in the same folder as specified in the global setting?

In short, a "global installation path" is useless. Put the ability to set the install location in the context menu of the registered libraries shown in the list.