How to Change the Content Location Without Using Native Access

adEY08394
adEY08394 Member Posts: 49 Member

How do you change the content location in Windows for all the installed Komplete NI products without using Native Access?

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

I guess it is not possible. Or at least easy without NA. Also, I guess that you will be able to do relocation using NA1, even if it will not be supported.

I think, one would have to modify Win registry to do complete relocation without NA1. And maybe some more things.

You may try it in advance on one library, just to test.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I think with Kontakt it will ask in the left side browser to re-locate a library and then maybe the rest will follow. I would have to check the manual on that one.

For Komplete Kontrol I think it's a simple matter of doing a 'Rescan' in the Preferences ->Library.

• adEY08394
    adEY08394 Member Posts: 49 Member

The reason I'm asking is I won't be able to change the content location through NA1 for Windows 7 when NA1 is discontinued.

I have Komplete 12 Ultimate CE, can someone confirm that I'll be able to change the content location for ALL the libraries, from within the various platforms; Kontakt 6, Reaktor 6, and Komplete Kontrol?

I just want to make sure I can change all the content location without using NA1.

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

I guess it is not possible. Or at least easy without NA. Also, I guess that you will be able to do relocation using NA1, even if it will not be supported.

I think, one would have to modify Win registry to do complete relocation without NA1. And maybe some more things.

You may try it in advance on one library, just to test.

• Theziz
    Theziz Member Posts: 7 Member

From my experience, if you change locations of your installed libraries, you can possibly corrupt them from being used in your DAW and would have to re-scan them so that they are valid in location. Even in moving them, you would have to still change the location in Native Access if you want to have your update to those plugins.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor

Registry is a lot easier than dealing with the separate Plist files on macOS, but I don't think it's worth it. There are too many packages. Honestly, the way NKS is set up is such bad architecture, but they are probably in too deep at that point.

I'd rather delete and reinstall from scratch than manually change this or relocate 1 by 1. Queue it all up, then go to bed with the PC set to never turn off the display or sleep/hibernate.

Especially on a Mac.

• Kubrak

I did not mean to fiddle with Win registy....

What I meant is to move Content to desired location using any File manager. And after that go to NA/NA2 and do Repair for each Library one by one directing NA to right folder.

I have done that few times, when I wanted rearange placement of certain Libraries. Free up full disc or make Lib structure more organized. Fpr example I place all Expansions to under dedicated folder Expansions and third party Libraries under folders of developers.