Feature request for Maschine+

Schleicher
Schleicher Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Maschine

I am working with computer and Maschine+ in parallel, which is not yet very handy. To make it better, I would like to address these features to the development team:

1. VST3 support in standalone mode. - Mainely I am bored to re-allocate any VST3 based sound on the Maschine+. I already started to change the sounds to VST but when moving the project to computer and back the sounds were VST3 again.
  2. Make SD-card available to computer when in controller mode. It is time consuming to startup Maschine+ only to exchange files.

Comments

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro

1 I'm sorry to say that this is unlikely to happen, here it's not even about the severely limited hardware resources of Maschine Plus anymore, but the fact that most VST3 plug-ins have their own authorization system and transferring it to Maschine Plus is very difficult already from Native Instruments' perspective alone. And on top of that, you would have to have support from third-party developers and their permission to tinker with their products.

2. In controller mode, Maschine cannot handle the SD card because the subsystem responsible for it is simply disabled. The device is then a simple MIDI controller, which is handled by the phyton script. It would be faster to remove the card and put it in the computer's SD reader.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited May 2023

For issue #2 if you don't have an SD reader on your computer buy one, it's so much faster and practical.

PS. I added a feature request tag to your post.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    1. I am guessing this the issue of using the plugins that the M+ actually supports that are now VST3 on desktop, but compatible versions not available on M+, probably best to stick to the original VSTs and disable all the VST3 versions on the desktop in preferences (Maybe unticking "Always use latest versions of NI plugins" might fix it too)
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,252 Expert

Why did I buy a Maschine+? Dumb me…

• Schleicher
    Schleicher Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

• Derek N
    Derek N Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2023

Have an option that allows the second screen to focus on the selected note and follow when zoomed in step, pattern, or event mode. It's kind of frustrating adjusting the encoders on second screen constantly.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited July 2023

For the follow issue: Turn on "Follow", it's the button on the transport section named 'Follow'.

• Derek N
    Derek N Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2023

I apologize for any confusion caused earlier. Let me revise your statement:

I might not have explained it correctly earlier. What I meant was that I would like the second screen to automatically focus on the selected note you're editing and continue to follow if you select a different note. Currently, the follow function only tracks the played notes during playback. Let me provide an example: In step mode or event, when I have a specific note selected and I'm making adjustments to it (like nudging it to the right a little), I wish there was a way for the second screen to automatically focus on that note and follow the note I select after, without having to manually scroll using the encoders.

Additionally, even if there was a button that could be pressed to immediately focus on the selected note would be fantastic.

I apologize once again for any confusion caused in my previous responses, and I appreciate your clarification.

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 165 Helper

Just made it possible to Export and move Audio from Maschine plus to USB , I don't know is it simple or some trade of for CPU but it will be useful because it will be easy to listen Music and thinking about next move but not by connecting and disconnecting from Computer million times.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,352 Expert
    edited March 11

@Psyearth5 how would that be different from exporting to the SD card and moving the SD card to the computer?

Upload to metapop… uh… soundcloud would be a real game changer.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,098 Guru

@ozon it would be different because it's saving to a different place! 😁

Seriously, it doesn't make much sense to be able to read stuff from USB, but not be able to save back to it.

The "Accessorize" page for M+ on the NI site talks about increasing storage with SSD and being able to "load content freely" - well what about saving it? Assuming you're using SSD because More Space, then it makes no sense when you can't save back to that space.

• ozon

But that’s a completely different request. The request above is about a faster workflow to listen to exported tracks. For that, it’s irrelevant whether the SD card or a USB storage device has to be disconnected from the M+ and connected to a computer in order to transfer the exported audio to the appropriate listening environment. Or am I missing something?

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 165 Helper

I wanted to explain but you already did by answering to PK The DJ . It will make my workflow much faster .

• ozon

There’s a misunderstanding. In my opinion, your request doesn’t make any difference in workflow. Whether you swap the SD card or a USB storage device between M+ and computer wouldn’t be much different.

Why would it be an improvement for you to swap a USB storage?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    edited March 13

As I said in my post, referencing the web page on the NI site about using external storage, you can load from the USB device, but you cannot save, which makes it inconvenient to work on anything (because you can't save back to the source).

It's not about needing to remove the storage device.

We can read AND write to the SD card. We can read AND write to drives when using Maschine s/w on the computer. It should be possible with USB devices on M+