Transport section dont integrated with ableton

ninety7hertz
ninety7hertz Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hello guys, I have installed my mk1 s49 keyboard with all drivers up to date and followed all the guidelines of where to paste the correct folders etc. My input and out put with ableton are also (daw), so im very unsure what the issue is. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Answers

• ninety7hertz

yes i did, should i uninstall the driver and delete all folders? if so, when repeating the steps should i install the keyboard driver first? Thanks

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Can you post a screenshot of the MIDI settings in Ableton.

Also, did you copy the MK1 control surface script into the required folder?

All that is needed for DAW control is for the script to be selected as a control surface in a slot for the DAW port.

• ninety7hertz

Good morning, there is no need for a screenshot because these are the steps I have taken and in my midi setting I have the the DAW ports selected. Something else seems to be the issue.. Thank you

• JesterMgee
    edited May 2023

Well, a screenshot would help as I know some users mistakenly set the DAW port as MIDI input ports which has been known to cause issues but if you feel no screenshot is needed for assistance, fair call, good luck...

• ninety7hertz

Here mate, let me know if anything seems incorrect. Thanks

• JesterMgee

Yep, like most this is not suppose to be checked as the DAW port is NOT a MIDI Port:

This may not fix your issue but as part of the overall setup the DAW port is only for use with the Control Surface script and can cause issues if it is set to send signals to the track or remote inputs of Live.

Further to this when you say "Transport controls dont integrate" do you see the buttons illuminate when Live starts?

Are there any functions that appear to work on the keyboard? Does anything light up when you start Live?

Do you have at least 1 instance of Komplete Kontrol loaded on a track?

What version of Live are you using?

• ninety7hertz

Well! I unchecked that box and it is working. Just no lights.. But they do illuminate when the keyboard powers on. Im using Ableton Suite 11. Almost there, thanks.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@ninety7hertz If you open the Komplete Kontrol standalone application, is the keyboard fully functional? Are the lights working?