Messages from TRAKTOR

Comments

• Jackpot Slot Machine
    Jackpot Slot Machine Member Posts: 18 Helper

I will not upgrade to a subscription model, i'll just leave it as it is.

There are several outstanding issues from more than five years ago that need fixing first.

Working with hardware partners should be the number one goal, get your software back out into the clubs, there's some really impressive hardware out now but it doesn't work properly in the traktor environment and it needs to if you are serious about moving forward.

• alec.tron
    alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro

RE: "adding the features your users have been requesting for years. If / when you do, THEN you can make those paid upgrades."

Same here - I've been waiting a long time [for the promised library & metadata handling overhaul (both of which need to go hand in hand imo - Smartlists was a start of addressing long requested features sorely missing from Traktor, but without updating library & metadata i/o and supporting modern features such as custom & multivalue metadata fields & values, this imo was only a half haphazard attempt.... [same for streaming imo - but which I have no use for at all generally anyeay] )] so I will look at the next betas/releases, but won't hold my breath.

And, as much as I would like to support NI/Traktor's future - based on past promises not fulfilled, I would not partake in any subscription model as is - there's too many core tech/feature & workflow issues. If those were to be fixed, and if the then to come new features would be above the competitions offer, I might consider paying additionally for optional advanced features (i.e live stem separation etc), but that is a lot of ifs & whens...

Also, NI keep in mind - you've been taking miss-step after miss-step on Traktors' direction in most of the user bases' eyes, ignoring many of the actual feature wishes for close to a decade (see the old & new feature request boards of the olden forum), so as said - it's time to deliver still/first off...

c.

• Noisey
    Noisey Member Posts: 11 Member

If traktor would go to subscription model, then I'm also out. I don't have any subscriptions, as I want to own the products I bought. That is very important peace of mind for me. If Traktor would cost 200$ or 300$ or a 10$ subscription, I would even give it more to own it, than to rent it monthly...

This is also why I am with Traktor, not Serato. (And the remix decks of course - main part that is important for me)

• pmistretta
    pmistretta Member Posts: 2 Member

Would be great if I was able to use Traktor with my new Machook Pro M1 Pro. They have been out for over three months and we are still unable to use Traktor. I wish you guys would have a little more urgency to keep your software up to date with technological advancements. Most companies have Silicon support and you’re one of the few that still requires Rosetta. Considering selling all my Native Instrument products

• CPM101
    CPM101 Member Posts: 8 Member

Used traktor for a long time, I have a full paid for version of Pro 3, not an upgrade, if I'm now going to be charged a subscription on top of that, I will be off to Serato.

I'm the last one of out bunch still holding out and using it, because I like it, I don't like paying a monthly fee for software that is hardly ever updated, and hardware, that there is nothing wrong with no longer being supported.

Z2 mk2, I'm in, Z4, I'm in, monthly sub, I'm out.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Hey NI people. I have a question which i really hope you will answer. Is there any chance to see the numbers of the survey? Thanks already. 😎

• prism_emf
    prism_emf Member Posts: 4 Member

There is absolutely no way I would ever go along with a subscription model. I do not pay monthly fees for software products.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

have any NI survey results ever been published? I’m not sure they have. If they have we may find some familiar features that have been requested several times such as the infamous elastic beatgrids.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

I remember having seen some, maybe on DJCity or some other DJ site. Of course it possibly wasn't a software/hardware company survey. Either way i am curious about the results and i don't believe it is really necessary to hold your cards that close to your chest. Sharing solid information is a good way to earn trust easily and cheaply too as i see it. 🙃

• sjenkin
    sjenkin Member Posts: 15 Member

I really truely think the answer is a controller which is essentially a clone of the CDJ layout.

Two deck control on each, effects control, large screen, large job wheel. Get two units connect to external mixer and you'll have the ultimate setup.

Create a controller that matches the stupid "industry standard" and traktor will be onto a winner. People want to be able to switch between systems without it being a massive issue.

Priced at similar to the D2 when they came out, slightly higher would be fine.

• Sasha Beep
    Sasha Beep Member Posts: 5 Member

I partially agree to the subscription model. But only if you pay by the hour. Of course, the mix shouldn't be interrupted in the middle if there aren't enough hours. That's at least fair for everyone. A monthly subscription for those who play 2-5 hours a month is just not possible.

Of course, you should at least do M1 / ipad support first, and finally a skin for retina resolutions - how many years should we wait?

• Jackpot Slot Machine
    Jackpot Slot Machine Member Posts: 18 Helper

You now have to trust the marketing intern to actually publish the true figures, not just those that support their argument. Personally, after all this time I'd be extremely suspicious of anything published that talked about hardware, subscriptions or beatport, I'm pretty sure that the list of existing faults and limitations has been ignored in favour of quick money.

Ni shouldn't be making hardware, they are too small and can't compete with Pioneer and Denon, however they can make both companies hardware work out of the box like serato and RB do.

This discussion has been closed.